Options

Contract Language

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited September 3, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I am almost ready to make a presentation to a local doctor for photo's to decorate his entire office. I plan to offer him easy ordering from my website, but to juice my end of the sale just a tad, I plan to offer him 10% discount if he orders more than 10 prints from me without using the website.

I would like to print up an order sheet so he can list the shot/size/format/pint type (glossy, metallic, etc.) and quantity of the prints he wants to order. I also don't want any chances on getting burned in the deal in case he decided to back out after I have ordered. I am thinking about adding language to the bottom of the order form that he & I will sign stating something like; " I ____________ am ordering these prints from Lee Wiren with a 25% non-refundable processing fee with payment of the remaining balance upon delivery "

Does something like that sound ok, what would your language sound like to be as professional sounding as possible?

Thanks

Lee
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    I would just do it like any old order form. Name/address at the top. on the bottom have a 25% deposit section. Put a * next to it and in the foot note say the deposit is non-refundable.

You can have a signature line if you like. It all seems more friendly presented this way.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    I agree. A non-refundable deposit is very common for custom order work in lots of businesses, not just photography. Take the deposit and leave it at that. No need to be any more assertive than that.

jon
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    I would just do it like any old order form. Name/address at the top. on the bottom have a 25% deposit section. Put a * next to it and in the foot note say the deposit is non-refundable.

You can have a signature line if you like. It all seems more friendly presented this way.