Just Let Me Have This Thing For A Week

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited September 5, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
638624219_dwN4Z-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    I don't know what it is, but it's gorgeous!

Look at those sweeping lines ~ No exterior door handles

Nice capture as always Tom

BTW, if you get it for the week, I'll be waitin' at the curb thumb.gif
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    Randy,

This car is a one-off, modern-day " hot rod ". If I remember correctly, it was designed and built by Chip Foose...certainly one of the dominant forces in today's world of custom car manufacturing. I would venture that it sold somewhere well north of $500,000.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    Good looking car Tomthumb.gif...... Does that car have a top....???? azzaro
  • Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    Randy,

This car is a one-off, modern-day " hot rod ". If I remember correctly, it was designed and built by Chip Foose...certainly one of the dominant forces in today's world of custom car manufacturing. I would venture that it sold somewhere well north of $500,000.

Tom

Anything by Chip Foose is full of win!clap.gif
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
    edited September 3, 2009
    Azzaro,

This car had no top, as least not that I could see....fair weather use only. Thanks for looking in.

Tom
    edited September 3, 2009
    Hi Neal,

That's a good question. I didn't see any place to attach a rear tag so it makes me wonder about that. It had all the requisite operational gear as far as I could tell. It's possible that it's a show car only, I just don't know.

Tom
    edited September 3, 2009
    Hi Natalie,

AMEN to that.

Tom
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    Cool.

Makes me think of the low men in yellow coats.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    Beautiful car, Tom, and a great shot of it, of course! thumb.gif

Chip Foose often builds cars that'll run the show circuit for a year or two before being converted to street legal. You can bet that it already has its tags, but the owner has them in a file cabinet, somewhere (which means that this one is curently a "Trailer Queen").

Also, if it even has a top, it'll probably be a "Carson" top. That's a top made from tubing and canvas - therefore looking like a convertible top - but it doesn't fold; it's lifted off and stored in the garage.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    I like the blue color -- much better then purple :D

Does it go fast?
  • Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Tom & Lee:

Thank you for the info on show cars. Beautiful car. My (late) uncle used to build kit cars. He always had something in his garage in progress.

-Neal
    edited September 4, 2009
    CoryUT,

Thanks for looking in. This car is definitely cool.

Tom
    edited September 4, 2009
    Lee,

As usual, I can depend on you for some enlightening input....something I really appreciate.

As I was looking at this car, I was considering what its options for a top might be. A lift-off and storable top crossed my mind but I couldn't see any provision for attachment points of such a top. That doesn't mean they couldn't be added but I think this sweetheart was meant to go topless.:D

I do believe you're right about the car being a " trailer queen " for the time being. It would be a shame, though, if this one never hit the road.

Take care,

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Love its sweeping lines. Beautiful color also. Seems very full bodied.
    Very nice photo of it. thumb.gif

I have learned more about cars and their makers from reading your
    threads and viewing your guy's images than I have ever known.
    Easily peaks my interest. Thanks Tom. :D
    Michael
    edited September 5, 2009
    Mary Kim,

Yea, the blue on this car is beautiful....but it would probably even be a stunner in purple. Is it fast? Most likely so.

Take care,

Tom
    edited September 5, 2009
    Hey Michael,

Thanks so much for your kind remarks. When you've lived and breathed cars for as long as I have, you can't ever get them out of your system. I'm 68 years old and just sold my latest street killer....a fully re-worked Subaru Forester ( of all things ) that could run the quarter mile in 12.3 seconds. I'm looking around for another project car right now. My wife thinks I'm totally hopeless.

Be well,

Tom