Altitude sickness from the Needle of Midday

bhoglebhogle Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited October 5, 2009 in Landscapes
The view from the Aiguille du Midi in the Mont Blanc mountain range in France (about 3,800 meters in altitude). To the left is France, directly ahead is Switzerland, and to the right is Courmayeur, Italy. The shot had its cost though...a killer altitude sickness headache! thanks for looking..would appreciate your thoughts..

638787934_HvMKo-XL.jpg

Comments

• CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    The gondola is slightly distracting, but mostly I think it's awesome! clap.gif
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    bowdown.gif So beautiful! Thank you for suffering the unfortunate altitude sickness for our sake! I kind of like the gondola because it gives context to your story, but I can understand wanting to crop it out and leaving just mountains majesty. thumb.gif

I think this is one of the few shots that midday light is perfectly OK because the subject is so cool. Also, IR would probably be awesome to really bring out the clouds and the snow.
  • bhoglebhogle Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    bowdown.gif So beautiful! Thank you for suffering the unfortunate altitude sickness for our sake! I kind of like the gondola because it gives context to your story, but I can understand wanting to crop it out and leaving just mountains majesty. thumb.gif

Thanks! I like the context that the cable car/gondala adds too. My decision to leave it in in this picture was A) even on the edge of the photo it came out super sharp B) I have many more panoramic shots of the mountains in nothing but their majesty.

I have gone back and added more contrast to the moutains and eliminated some of the blue cast based on your IR suggestion. Thanks!