Geesh, what a sweet combo ...

seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
edited September 4, 2009 in People
A little while back I killed my 5d and 16-35L at the same time. It wasn't murder, only manslaughter by contributory negligence ... Went back to film for a little while and got a gallery gig out of it so some definite good came out of it despite being sick about it ...

So today I got my 5dII and the 35 1.4L ... by far the best camera AND best lens I have ever owned. This lens ... geesh, all those wasted photos without this lens ... never, ever had such beautiful contrast out of a piece of glass. I am now a one camera, one lens dude, ala HCB, and mostly Nachtwey, Allard, Harvey, Webb, etc.

This snapshot was taken wide open ... and yeah I missed the focus mark just a tad but really, does it matter? :)) Just had to share, thanks for lookin' ...

hometownmotorbike.jpg

p.s. yes, I turned off the in-camera vignette correction, uhhhmm, i think that's what that was ... very nice feature but I like the vignette, and i love to shoot wide open, or close to it. Hmmm, I should probably actually look at the manual at some point ;-))

EDIT: Adding one more from the drive home from the camera shop ... the "glow" is from the windshield ... just loving this camera and lens (ISO 800, f 1.4), don't mind being poor again :))

nightroadworkdude.jpg

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    I really don't care if you shoot view camera, LF, MF, pinhole, P&S, SLR, film or digital - as long as you shoot and share :-) mwink.gifthumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Funny you should mention pinhole ... just started trying landscapes with a 4x5 pinhole, and hp5 and portra. Just amazing what you can do with no glass. I'm really quite taken with it, want to try it with 4x5 chrome when I get it dialed in. Looking at the Zero cameras, they look very cool. I will share some of the Columbia River basin if (no, when!) I get something worthwhile. :))
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif with Nik. Nice to see work from you again seastack and congrats on the new camera! Hope this means we see a whole new slew of shots from you.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Love your stuff, yes, keep sharing !!!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Sweet indeed!!

Enjoy (well, I know you will) and share!!

Virginia

Email