Fishing but not catching

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited September 10, 2009 in People
Here is a shot from an after work fishing expedition this week. I wanted to try something different with the crop on it. And when I took this picture I was thinking of this crop. I should have been at F8 instead of F3.5.

What do you guys think of it?

638947720_jC4xb-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Are you throwing meat or metal?rolleyes1.gif
    I really like the set up and I agree with you on the f/8.
    Great capture and thanks for an idea zd!
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    So round 2 for fishing shots. I took my girlfriends Dad fishing the other night. I brought a different lens. The monster 80-200. The idea was to snipe him without him knowing and hopefully get a nice shot to frame for him as a gift later. I stalked him like a deer. He had no idea I had the camera. I would pull it out of the back pak and pop a few shots.

Here is one of a similar long crop theme. Just not as long. I wanted to see the person more. It is also f8.

643987688_kmJWj-L.jpg

Here is one that I really like. The sun was behind the mountains and the light was getting low.

643986662_Cuhsh-L.jpg

We are using spinners. No bait allowed on this river. My favorite is the Panther Martin. White is good, silver with a yellow body is hot here too.

Thanks for looking.
  • GringriffGringriff Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    On the first one I love the bank, grass, and water but the fisherman is just not quite sharp enough. I agree that f/8 or smaller would have helped and the idea sounds very good. To me this particular image would improve if the guy was cropped out. That would make a nice landscape shot.

The second shot is really cool - like it a LOT!!
    Andy
    http://andygriffinphoto.com/
    http://andygriffin.smugmug.com/
    Canon 7D, 70-200mm L, 50 and 85 primes, Tamron 17-50, 28-135
  • lisasolonynkolisasolonynko Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    I also like the second shot best. I like the composition. The lighting on the first shot is nice except that the man is too bright. Perhaps a little pp darken that side of the frame a bit.

Lisa
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I really like the concept of the 1st shot. But the fuzziness ruins it. I was using my 50mm 1.8 lens for this. What I need to do is use my 17-55 and get a lot closer and use f8 or more for it to work right. Maybe even drag my tripod up there.

On the second shot I like the light a lot. I waited until he stepped into it to take the picture. But I will try toning it down a bit with either a graduated filter or just a localized exposure tweek and see how it looks. It might bring out a bit more detail.

#3 is the one I am going to frame for him for Christmas.