He's back home - safe and sound

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited September 9, 2009 in People
You may remember this thread wherein I posted this image

430336859_ogwme-M-1.jpg

Well, over the course of the last year, quite a number of people have asked how my son (who was deployed to Iraq) was getting on. To all those, I would like to say, "Thank you!" for caring and remembering! Many of you can't know how that feels. Y'all are the best! :lust :thumb :ivar :barb :barb :barb

:barb :barb :ivar :ivar Happy, happy ... joy, joy!

Well, it's good to be able to say that Matt has returned (it's been about a week now, but I've been a little busy) physically unharmed (mentally, give me a break, association with me made that a problematic analysis at best) and he's settled in quite nicely - note the 3-day growth.

And, one of the things that really makes these photos nice for me is my DW in the background!

1. Doing one of the things he likes best:
639204750_kdHCi-L.jpg

2. And his response to me taking his photo
639203981_Y8cKC-L.jpg

For those that care, these were taken with my 5D2, ISO 800, f/4.5, 1/160s (to reduce the degree to which the light behind Matt was blown) with my Tamron 28-75 at 28mm. Lighting was a 580EX II, bounced off to the wall/ceiling 90° to camera right.

Comments

• ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Yay and thank you
    Hey Scott!

Who cares if he isn't into the photos yet? We are all grateful to him for his service to our country, and we have gratitude that he has arrived home to you and his family in pretty good shape. I bet he is happy to have some Home Cooking and a comfy bed and lots of love surrounding him.

Thanks for posting.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Yay! Yippee! wings.gif So glad he's home, safe and sound!
    Thank you to him for all his hard work.
    Thank you to you for sharing this with us.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    yay!clap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Thank him for his service, and I'm glad he is home and unharmed. Hopefully you'll all have many happy times together now.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Yay! I can only imagine how happy you and your family has to be! clap.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    That is wonderful news! Thank you for letting us know. And thank you to your son and to your entire family for what you have all done for our country.

They also serve who only stand and wait ... and worry.

Enjoy having him home.

Virginia

Email
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Happy that he has made a safe journey home! You and your wife must be ecstatic! Well for a little while anyway...until the house is dirty and there is no food left rolleyes1.gif Enjoy the moments!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Yay on him being home......
    and to him..thank you so much

God Bless!!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Wonderful news (for all of you!)!!! wings.gif

(and am I mistaken or do I see the dog just out of shot on his leg? Now THAT'S a family picture :Diloveyou.gif)
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    YAHOO Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that your son is home safe and sound!!!! You should be so proud of him. Please tell him thanks for me also for serving his country and in turn all of us.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 4, 2009
    Scott,

Glad to hear he's back safe and sound. You must all be relieved.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    To all, thank you so much for the kind words. And, yes, Leslie and are quite happy to have him home. Leslie is just a little giddy about it all.

You expressions of gratitude for his (and our) sacrifice have been passed on. Thanks.
    ChatKat wrote:
    Hey Scott!

Who cares if he isn't into the photos yet? We are all grateful to him for his service to our country, and we have gratitude that he has arrived home to you and his family in pretty good shape. I bet he is happy to have some Home Cooking and a comfy bed and lots of love surrounding him.

Thanks for posting.
    He's into photos, just not to the degree that we are. He's got his own 30D, borrows lenses from me, and is planning to buy a couple of his own in the very near future (leaning toward either the EF-S 17-55 or the Tamron 17-50 and the EF 70-200 F4L).
    Elaine wrote:
    Yay! Yippee! wings.gif So glad he's home, safe and sound!
    Thank you to him for all his hard work.
    Thank you to you for sharing this with us.
    Thanks Elaine - appreciate it.
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Thank him for his service, and I'm glad he is home and unharmed. Hopefully you'll all have many happy times together now.
    Happy times ... until his next deployment. Tonight we celebrate his birthday!
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Yay! I can only imagine how happy you and your family has to be! clap.gif
    I don't know - it's been a pretty happy week around here. If you can, you've got a very good imagination!
    Flyinggina wrote:
    That is wonderful news! Thank you for letting us know. And thank you to your son and to your entire family for what you have all done for our country.

They also serve who only stand and wait ... and worry.

Enjoy having him home.

Virginia
    Thanks - it's a nice sentiment that not enough people share.
    Yay on him being home......
    and to him..thank you so much

God Bless!!
    Yup, passed on your thanks.
    divamum wrote:
    Wonderful news (for all of you!)!!! wings.gif

(and am I mistaken or do I see the dog just out of shot on his leg? Now THAT'S a family picture :Diloveyou.gif)
    And leave it to you to find/see the DW's dog in that shot. Yes, that's his fur you see waving in the breeze of the fan (across the room and out of frame).
    ront wrote:
    YAHOO Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that your son is home safe and sound!!!! You should be so proud of him. Please tell him thanks for me also for serving his country and in turn all of us.

Ron
    We have always been proud of him. Leslie did a very, very good job of raising a contributing member of society deal.gif
    Richard wrote:
    Scott,

Glad to hear he's back safe and sound. You must all be relieved.
    Yes, we are quite relieved to have him home again.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Awesome! Wonderful news, HAPPY HAPPY family!
    We await the return of our son in law from his second tour.
    He even missed their 1st anniversary, we hope to have a happy thanksgiving.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • markgorbymarkgorby Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Happy your son is home safe. Tell him Thank You! for helping to protect our freedom.
  • MLangtonMLangton Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Looks like you raised a great kid. Thank you all for your service.

Hooah!
    More photo, less shop.

http://mlangton.smugmug.com
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Scott, so very, very happy for you that he is home. What a relief. Thank him soooo much for his service for all of us and thank you for sharing him.
    LadyTX
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Congratulations & praise God he's home!! This family will keep him in our prayers tonight (along with all those who so selflessly serve to keep us safe)!clap.gif
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    There is nothing like the safe return of our soldiers. I salute all of you! Your son, for his endurance and dedication to protect those at home, and you and your DW for all the waiting you have done and will continue to do as he protects our freedom!

WELCOME HOME!!! iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    wings.gif

Caroline
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    Again ... thanks all for you kind words. They do make a difference for me and the DW as well as for Matt. For him, it's nice to be appreciated.
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    congratulations on his safe return! We are all grateful for him and all the others who put our country above themselves. True heros clap.gif
  • sparky675sparky675 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    great
    glad he is safe, my nephew who is more like my little brother is still there..
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Wonderful news and thank the Lord he is safely home!
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Glad to hear he made it home all intact.....a BIG THANK YOU TO HIM and you for the sacrifice made by all of you.....

A friend of mine just arrived home after being "laid off" from his civilian job in Iraq........he tried to draw unemployment and the State of Ks laughed at him as they said not elible due to the fact you were working in Iraq........

Again a big THANK YOU to you all...................bowdown.gifbow
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website