The Rock

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited September 4, 2009 in Landscapes
As much as I try, I'm not convinced that I like these shots. Kind-of hurts my eyes :dunno (probably not a good thing for a photograph :rofl )

{Disclaimer: Viewer is solely responsible for any eye damage that might occur upon viewing images. Viewer agrees to hold photographer harmless if said eye damage occurs}
Randy

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Nice POV. Looks like all trees are looking at rock they just threw down. mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Nice POV. Looks like all trees are looking at rock they just threw down. mwink.gif

It just looked strange, such a big rock in the middle of an Aspen grove.

Thanks for commenting Awais
    Randy
  • embenderembender Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Definitely an interesting subject, but you are right, there's something about it that hurts my eyes too.

AAEEEEIIIII! MY EYES!

lol3.gif

Maybe dial down the sharpness a little? Not sure. Almost like there's too much to focus on.
    edited September 4, 2009
    embender wrote:
    Definitely an interesting subject, but you are right, there's something about it that hurts my eyes too.

AAEEEEIIIII! MY EYES!

lol3.gif

Maybe dial down the sharpness a little? Not sure. Almost like there's too much to focus on.

I warned you rolleyes1.gif

I already did. No sharpening was added in post, matter of fact, I added Gaussian blur to try and help. I think there's just too much small detail and dynamic range in these shots. (how often can you say that, as a bad thing?)
    Randy
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    I love the first one with the trees. I don't know if you noticed though, but there is a rather large rock right in the middle.

Seriously though, #1 I think is the better of the 2. Only think I'd change is to bring the angle up even more to try to get the rest of the tree on the left in the shot. I think the sharpening is just fine. Good shot.thumb.gif
  • embenderembender Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    I warned you rolleyes1.gif

Demon Rock

Very cool photo, though. If that was nearby, I might be inclined to make that fella a personal project and return multiple times, trying all different kinds of different settings, times of day, lighting, POV, and so forth. There's a great photo lurking there somewhere. Might take a while, but eventually you'll capture it.
    edited September 4, 2009
    embender wrote:
    Demon Rock

Very cool photo, though. If that was nearby, I might be inclined to make that fella a personal project and return multiple times, trying all different kinds of different settings, times of day, lighting, POV, and so forth. There's a great photo lurking there somewhere. Might take a while, but eventually you'll capture it.

Well, it's not going anywhere, but it is about 800 miles from my house rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
    edited September 4, 2009
    I love the first one with the trees. I don't know if you noticed though, but there is a rather large rock right in the middle.

Seriously though, #1 I think is the better of the 2. Only think I'd change is to bring the angle up even more to try to get the rest of the tree on the left in the shot. I think the sharpening is just fine. Good shot.thumb.gif

Appreciate the input
    Randy