Cozy

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited September 6, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Randy

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    That is one serious ram there. Very cozy place, though.... Nice capture of the feel.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Thanks Andrew,

That's at one of Santa Fe fine hotels.
    Randy
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    I'll go with Andrew on this one. Nice glow to the room. Feels warm.
    I suspect leather couches. Comfy for quite conversation.

Nice image. :D
    Michael
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    That is a nice ram. That being said, I think you've shot some better shots. Its nice, but somehow doesn't have the feel of commercial stuff like in the hotel brochures. I think the image is a bit noisy. I'm not a big fan of the foot rest or whatever it is in the lower left.

However, as I'm guessing this was a rather quick handheld shot, you did a good job of that.

And I do like the inviting colors. It does look cozy.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    I like the contrast of the dark eye and the lighting bolt shape over the fire.
    Growing with Dgrin

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Thanks Andrew,

That's at one of Santa Fe fine hotels.
    Can't wait to get back up there. First time was last year in October only for 4 days. I could easily spend a couple of months there.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Ok...all I noticed was the skull :D

Is it real? That animal must of been huge or else the fireplace was really small.

Nice photo Randy thumb.gif
    edited September 6, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    I'll go with Andrew on this one. Nice glow to the room. Feels warm.
    I suspect leather couches. Comfy for quite conversation.

Nice image. :D

Thanks Michael
    Randy
    edited September 6, 2009
    That is a nice ram. That being said, I think you've shot some better shots. Its nice, but somehow doesn't have the feel of commercial stuff like in the hotel brochures. I think the image is a bit noisy. I'm not a big fan of the foot rest or whatever it is in the lower left.

However, as I'm guessing this was a rather quick handheld shot, you did a good job of that.

And I do like the inviting colors. It does look cozy.

Well, your certainly right on the money here.

This was just an off-hand snapshot as I was walking through the area. No post processing other than a crop to eliminate a doorway. Probably shouldn't have even posted it. I don't know if that skull was real or not, but if it was, that's the largest ram I've ever seen.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.
    Randy
    edited September 6, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Ok...all I noticed was the skull :D

Is it real? That animal must of been huge or else the fireplace was really small.

Nice photo Randy thumb.gif

Mary,

I don't know if it was real or not, but your right, that's the largest ram skull I've ever seen. The fireplace was average size.
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    This was just an off-hand snapshot as I was walking through the area. No post processing other than a crop to eliminate a doorway. Probably shouldn't have even posted it.

You should post it -- it's nice to see things like this. Makes ya want to cuddle up next to a fire and read a good book.
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    You should post it -- it's nice to see things like this. Makes ya want to cuddle up next to a fire and read a good book.

I agree. Apologies if I gave critcism where none was wanted. I supposed that I'm so used to seeing your amazing thots that I forget that sometimes everyone just takes a quick shot of something cool.bowdown.gif
    edited September 6, 2009
    I agree. Apologies if I gave critcism where none was wanted. I supposed that I'm so used to seeing your amazing thots that I forget that sometimes everyone just takes a quick shot of something cool.bowdown.gif

Not at all...don't be silly.

I was just stating that you were exactly right with how the photo was taken. I fully appreciate that you looked at the image long enough to evaluate it so correctly. I just don't usually post up non-edited images unless I am trying to show something in particular.

Comments are always appreciated thumb.gif Keep em' coming!!!
    Randy