Options

Any experience with Marumi CPL filters?

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited September 5, 2009 in Accessories
I'm in the market for a 77mm thin circular polarizer and found a Marumi brand in searching through the 2filters website. I then discovered a polish website that tested out various filters and rated the Marumi (at $107) equivalent [first place] to the B+W KSM MRC slim one (at $190) - Link. This obviously sounds too good to be true so I wanted to check here to see if anyone has experience with this brand.
If the Marumi is not the right choice, would you recommend the Hoya HD or the B+W MRC KSM over the Hoya Pro1 as they carry a $50-80 premium.
Thanks,
E

Edit: And any experiences with Maxsaver.net? Just found them and they have the Hoya Pro1 for only $80, the Hoya HD for $92 and the B+W F-pro for $119! That's $30-60 less than 2filters!!

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,904 moderator
    edited September 4, 2009
    No experience with the Marumi filters but I've had great luck with Hoya HMC filters and one B+W MRC filter.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    lightyearlightyear Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    MARUMI cpl
    I bought several Marumi 52 and 62 Cpl filters a few years ago from a Pro camera shop in SF. No problems, still using them, color and polarizaton is as good as the Nikon CPl units I have on some other lenses. Good luck.
    Stan
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Thanks Stan. I may just pull the trigger on that filter...
    E