Wet Day Tips

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited September 4, 2009 in Technique
Tomorrow morning I am going to the last of many car rallies. It is the Merrick Stages Rally through Glentrool Forest Newton Stewart SW Scotland. Yes guess what rain, rain and more rain is forecast.
Has anyone any tips on shooting in the rain and keeping the gear safe.
Regards
Bob

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Well, I think the cheapest, simplest, and easiest method is to just get a garbag bag, or other bag of suitable size. Put camera into the bag so that the lense pokes through the bottom corner, just slightly. Tape the bag to the lens. Then put your head into the bag. It is not recommended to close the bag too tightly. But with your head in the bag, you'll have dry hair, and be able to look through the protected camera, and shoot.

Now, if you used Nikon, I'd recommend a black bag, but since you are probably using Canon with its white lenses, you should use a white bag, and maybe spray paint CANON on the bag with a stencil and red paint so it looks more "Pro." Use red tape when taping the bag to the lens if you have L lenses. This way, people will realize you are a well prepared photographer with a lens protector. Otherwise, everyone will laught at the man who put his head in a garbage bag. :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    Check out this thread

Thanks Ben, your last suggestion worked a treat. I should have tried the bag out yesterday and I am sure I would have been locked up!!!!
    However, I will certainly take a garbage bag with me and thanks again Scott for your input I have read all the comments in the links and I think Ben's garbage bag is the answer.
    Regards
    Bob
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    Thanks Ben, your last suggestion worked a treat. I should have tried the bag out yesterday and I am sure I would have been locked up!!!!
    However, I will certainly take a garbage bag with me and thanks again Scott for your input I have read all the comments in the links and I think Ben's garbage bag is the answer.
    Regards
    Bob

Yes, but you realize, if you mess up, we'll all say your shots are garabage!

Just kidding. Good luck. Can't wait to see your images.