pro 9000 mk2, elements grief

chefskichefski Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 21, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
hi all

does anyone have a good link to a 'start to finish' help for elements [mac] - canon pro 9000mk2 printing,
my [already] stressed brain is spun out with icc and calibration, [i get the basics] it seems to me that on the initial print dialog box, as i enter 'photoshop manages colours' there is a reminder, 'have you disabled colour management in the printer preferences dialog' yet in printer preferences i am given no such option!!
my prints just don't quite cut it, or maybe my shots!:dunno

ta

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited September 23, 2009
    thread bump
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • BarryJCLBarryJCL Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 21, 2010
    chefski wrote: »
    hi all

does anyone have a good link to a 'start to finish' help for elements [mac] - canon pro 9000mk2 printing,
    my [already] stressed brain is spun out with icc and calibration, [i get the basics] it seems to me that on the initial print dialog box, as i enter 'photoshop manages colours' there is a reminder, 'have you disabled colour management in the printer preferences dialog' yet in printer preferences i am given no such option!!
    my prints just don't quite cut it, or maybe my shots!ne_nau.gif

ta

I see it has been a year but incase you still haven't found the option I believe this is it:

Color Mgmt:
    Go to Main tab of Canon Properties dialog. "Color/Intensity": click Manual and then the Set button
    Click the Matching tab and select None under Color Correction.

I have the same situation even though I found this setting. My prints seem to be too dark. Have you had any success?