Dodge & Burn - Seeking C&C

mtbparkermtbparker Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited September 14, 2009 in People
Hello again,

The beauty of being at the beginning of this learning curve is that just about EVERYTHING is something new. Last night, I read up on the techniques of dodging and burning. The particular case I was working on tonight was using them to help focus the attention on the subject and adding a little "pop" to an otherwise flat photo. Fortunately, I had a good candidate for the experiment.

The question to y'all is, where did I screw up? I've got plenty of my own ideas where. But I want to avoid biasing the comments.

Here's the original B&W (converted color by desaturation only)
625992530_uGm92-L.jpg

Here's the rework
639431033_sNost-L.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Tom Parker

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    Hi Tom,

The photos you linked are not showing. It may be that you have not allowed external links in your gallery?
    Look in my signature on 'how to do most anything' for help on posting photos if you need it. Or just holler!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 14, 2009
    mtbparker wrote:
    Hello again,

The beauty of being at the beginning of this learning curve is that just about EVERYTHING is something new. Last night, I read up on the techniques of dodging and burning. The particular case I was working on tonight was using them to help focus the attention on the subject and adding a little "pop" to an otherwise flat photo. Fortunately, I had a good candidate for the experiment.

The question to y'all is, where did I screw up? I've got plenty of my own ideas where. But I want to avoid biasing the comments.

Here's the original B&W (converted color by desaturation only)
    625992530_uGm92-L.jpg

Here's the rework
    639431033_sNost-L.jpg

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

Tom,

Either you gave the wrong link or your gallery is password protected. How To Post on Dgrin