Vintage cars, vintage location

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
edited September 6, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
A few days ago, I posted about the final open house of the Nick Alexander Collection. In that post I featured Nick's cars. Attendees or guests of the open house also show up in very special automobiles and the surrounding "vintage" industrial area makes for some very nice backdrops....

639795077_ZXWZr-L.jpg

639795728_PXrjD-L.jpg

639792414_iZLHC-L.jpg

639794106_X3KkK-L.jpg

639793188_Uf4pY-L.jpg

More images from this very special event can be found in this gallery.

Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    clap.gif

Great series Bill! We missed you at Toroweap, but you had a great opportunity to photograph Nick's collection. The cars in the industrial setting are fantastic!
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    these are soooo gooood!wings.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Very nice series Bill,

I particularly like #2 and #3 thumb.gif
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Bill,

You have some nice shots here. I remember seeing old woodies sitting around on lots just rotting away. Like old Corvettes at one time, they weren't worth much of anything. Who knew?

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Nice shots, Bill!

I'm almost certain that I photographed that green one in picture four. I was driving home from a photo shoot in the Valley, last summer, when I happened upon it and a few other cars participating in their own, impromptu family car show outside of a diner in Irwindale. One of them gave me his card and I sent him a disc with the best shots. I'm not at home, right now, so I don't have any pictures available.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather