Moment

FMarekFMarek Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited September 12, 2009 in People

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Hi Fmarek,

It seems like you have been doing some streetshooting, very nice! you got her nice in focus, and without movement. She stands out nicely. The fact that she is looking to the left on the photo is interesting, and makes me wonder; Is there something to see there? or maybe she's just casually walking in that direction? What i like less, is that you got her almost exactly in the middle of the photos. It's 'safe', but also a bit boring, if you know what I mean. It could be more exciting with a different framing, I think. Maybe a portrait-oriented shot, and slightly closer? It would also possible remove the sign, and woman on the right, which I find a bit distracting. Maybe a slightly narrower depth of field could solve that problem as well?

I hope this helps!

-Ivar
  • FMarekFMarek Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Fmarek,

It seems like you have been doing some streetshooting, very nice! you got her nice in focus, and without movement. She stands out nicely. The fact that she is looking to the left on the photo is interesting, and makes me wonder; Is there something to see there? or maybe she's just casually walking in that direction? What i like less, is that you got her almost exactly in the middle of the photos. It's 'safe', but also a bit boring, if you know what I mean. It could be more exciting with a different framing, I think. Maybe a portrait-oriented shot, and slightly closer? It would also possible remove the sign, and woman on the right, which I find a bit distracting. Maybe a slightly narrower depth of field could solve that problem as well?

I hope this helps!

-Ivar

Hi, Ivar. Thanks for your opinion and advices. I was practising to do some streetshooting and at the same time tried to get myself familiar with prime 100mm lens. F3.5 1/320 ISO200 was enough to "frees" this young lady. My intention was to catch someone "in-line" with back lit leaves, but I have missed the moment, leaves are slightly out of the focus depth.. But I liked how the pattern at hers shawl matched with the leaves above (even in colour):
    3914046100_83002122e8.jpg
    She was looking toward the large square at the city centre. I'd be happier if unnecessary artefacts disappeared from the photo, but the moment was like as it was.... :)
    Casual shooter...