Two shots, really off, that I began to play with. Here's the result:

Central Park West at Night

17127590_JQZ5f-L-8.jpg

Fireworks: From Top of Rockefeller Center:

44989896_UM6pq-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    I'm not getting anything from the second, but I think the first could be better rescued as a B&W:
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Op
    I think the first could be better rescued as a B&W:

Yeah, that's nice. Never thought of that....

Maybe we could have a group "BAD PHOTO SAVE" forum.

I've got another one that I saved by doing nothing - a friend came up and said he thought it was terrific and to keep doing more like that.

Thanks for the B&W idea - a very good "save"!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    Very good idea with the B&W--it now looks like a vintage photo of an old city. Nice!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    redleash wrote:
    Very good idea with the B&W--it now looks like a vintage photo of an old city. Nice!
    Thanks. There are some that say conversion of a non-working color photo to B&W is the refuge of the incompetent. And, in some cases, I have to agree. However, in this case I to believe the B&W makes the photo actually work. Along the line of vintage, I tried a couple of mono-tone treatments and they didn't quite pull it off for me.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    I like both versions of #1. thumb.gif
  • ZimtokZimtok Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    I like your conversion of the blurry color photo. The BW conversion along with the blurry street scene seems to compliment each other.

I am very often taking photos of performers on a stage that is illuminated by colored lights. Those subjects that are in a white spotlight I will usually keep as a color photo. But there are many subjects that are just out of the white light and into some color light that makes the photo unacceptable in my eyes. I take these "unacceptable" color photos and convert them to BW with quite good results.

• rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    Zimtok wrote:
    I like your conversion of the blurry color photo. The BW conversion along with the blurry street scene seems to compliment each other.

I am very often taking photos of performers on a stage that is illuminated by colored lights. Those subjects that are in a white spotlight I will usually keep as a color photo. But there are many subjects that are just out of the white light and into some color light that makes the photo unacceptable in my eyes. I take these "unacceptable" color photos and convert them to BW with quite good results.

I've found just the opposite to be true for me. The colored lights portray the mood of being there 100 times better than a white spotlight. YMMV...
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • amg2833amg2833 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    I think the first one turned out very successful.
    ANTHONY :thumb
    [AMG]photos

[Yashica Lynx 14E | Canon 30D | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | 540ez | Cactus V4s]