New mini-van

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited September 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
because of him
541189106_g3onv-M.jpg

and now him
617166019_satvk-M.jpg

This weekend I picked a honda odyssey. This is about as sexy as I can make a minivan:

640529376_7vWWs-M.jpg

640527049_7FDx9-M.jpg

640525208_GukoD-M.jpg

640526450_m3jzq-M.jpg

640524000_SdXR6-M.jpg

640524382_yajHJ-M.jpg
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Congratulations on the new "him". You will make good use of your sexy new van!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Congrats! clap.gif
    We did research at some point in time, Odyssey was definitely top two if not the top scorer...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Great choice on the mini... I couldn't bring myself to that JUST yet so I went with the Pilot not too long ago. Gave up my civic SI that I drove for 7 years. I bought it when I was 19, raced it, drove it to the ground...At 187,000 miles, it was still running strong, and I sold it for 4 grand. Never had to invest anything in repairs the whole time, just maintenance. I only got rid of it because it was a pain to get my daughter in and out of the car seat. I did it for two years and said that's enough. I cried the day it left my driveway :( Fortunately my hubby still has his SI, but I always said mine was faster mwink.gif

Honda rocks thumb.gif
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    oh and awesome pics by the way, they look straight out of a brochure!
  • B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Best minivan around. Honda Odysseys have quiet a rep in Japan and they have put out some pretty stylish ones. One of my favorites with lots of Mugen parts!

Odyssey002.jpg
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Stylin' new wheels for the stylin' new baby....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    oh and awesome pics by the way, they look straight out of a brochure!

lilmomma..aren't you overdue for a solf portrait shot?:ivar
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    The front grill reminds me of the Transformers-like design.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    ahh, Im not the only one.....

we got one because of all the airbags in that thing....besides all the girls in the family, well I take that back, the boys never shut-up either..:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Qarik,
    You cracked me up with this thread--and you did somehow make the new Odyssey look sexy with the color and the chrome.

When my husband and I had our first child, I gave up my Camaro and got an Accord, when we had our second we traded that in for a Pilot. I wonder what would be next?

Before we had the second my husband wanted a motorcycles and was looking at a Harley-- and when we found out I was pregnant we got the pilot instead and he put off the bike, when Harley called and they said something like "don't you want to feel the wind in your hair?" my husband replied "I got a Honda Pilot, if I want wind in my hair, I'll stick my head out of the sun roof"rolleyes1.gif . It's all in what you make of it my friend, and that is why your thread really cracked me up. Great attitudethumb.gif .
    Thanks for sharing.

And yes Lilmomma--HONDA ROCKS for sure.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Qarik,

Before we had the second my husband wanted a motorcycles and was looking at a Harley-- and when we found out I was pregnant we got the pilot instead and he put off the bike, when Harley called and they said something like "don't you want to feel the wind in your hair?" my husband replied "I got a Honda Pilot, if I want wind in my hair, I'll stick my head out of the sun roof"rolleyes1.gif . It's all in what you make of it my friend, and that is why your thread really cracked me up. Great attitudethumb.gif .
    Thanks for sharing.

And yes Lilmomma--HONDA ROCKS for sure.

Not sure if he ever really did BUT we had a Balloon Fest here and a car went by with a passenger taking photos of the balloons by sticking her head through the sun roof. I did grab a shot of it as they went by chasing the balloons flying overhead but have not processed yet.

Jane B.