Options

From today's street Photography session

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited September 10, 2009 in Street and Documentary
No commentary, but want to tell you i had no time to setup best settings for best results for 1st 3 photos......:rolleyes

641156697_9cbZD-L.jpg
641157135_XKw7b-L.jpg
641157222_LN4D8-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    edited September 6, 2009
    641149352_tm6Vs-L.jpg

641151748_2VRjQ-L.jpg

641148051_hxGsj-L.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Love that expression of confidence and satisfaction on the third one.
    Edit: You added another set while I was typing....

The youth in the first one of the second set is great. Like the lighting, and how the other kids stack behind him.
    Is the third from something set up for Ramadan? Hopefully you are having a meaningful time. Sorry, I should know what a more appropriate wish is.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Love that expression of confidence and satisfaction on the third one.
    Edit: You added another set while I was typing....

The youth in the first one of the second set is great. Like the lighting, and how the other kids stack behind him.
    Is the third from something set up for Ramadan? Hopefully you are having a meaningful time. Sorry, I should know what a more appropriate wish is.

Thanks a lot Andrew, for kind words and wishes for Ramadan.thumb.gif

In 1st photo of 2nd set, kid was interested to be alone in picture, but his friends never wanted so and teased him by posing behind :D

Yes it was setup for some religious program, kids were everywhere.

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2009
    I hope you could read Urdu language and Pakistani politics. Then you would have said 2nd in 2nd set is best.

Actually The word in background says "Nehari" that is quite heavy dish (full of fats). Ex-President Nawaz Sharif was known for his Nehari eating habbits. F16 jet use to take his Nehari breakfast from one city to other.

Well the aero is pointing towards a shop, but guess whose advertising poster is hanging next to it ?:D

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2009
    Well the aero is pointing towards a shop, but guess whose advertising poster is hanging next to it ?:D

Don't think Urdu will make it to the top of my pile for a while, though certainly as a text, it is one of the most beautiful languages out there. So the one fellow (upper right) is Sharif, correct?
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Don't think Urdu will make it to the top of my pile for a while, though certainly as a text, it is one of the most beautiful languages out there. So the one fellow (upper right) is Sharif, correct?

Hey, yes he is Sharif, on left side is his bro. Urdu is combination of so many languages like Arabic, Hindi, Persion. Iqbal was one of the greatest poets of Persion and Urdu language check my sig. But translation to other languge cannot deliver accurate meanings, same is case with Arabic.

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2009
    A linguist friend likes to say that translation is a two-edged sword. On one hand, one can never fully appreciate the original through translation, but without it too much great writing is not accessible at all. Thanks for the link.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    641149352_tm6Vs-L.jpg

Very nice, Awais - I particularly like the second bicycle shot, and the first image in the second group - the boys in black and white. That one is very strong - nice and close, well composed. Nice! clap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    What he said ^

Very nice work Awais with some great subjects
    Rags
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    #1 in the second set is excellent! I like how you've lowered yourself to take the shot across the group at their eye-level. It really helps elevate them as young men and draws me into their faces. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited September 10, 2009
    Thanks a lot guys for looking and commenting !

Much appreciated

My Gallery