MC#5...Looking for last minute feedback

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited September 7, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Is anyone still out there that might be able to offer some opinions or suggestions? This challenge was exactly that for me...a big fat challenge! This is my first time to make it to the Mega, so I'd like to enter something. Here is what I've got...not sure if any of these have any wow factor, but are any of these worthy of posting? Thanks in advance!

1. Slolum Skiing
641498003_odmm3-M.jpg

2. WipeOut!
641534994_PDAyq-M.jpg

3. Spray
641498211_PyD3S-M.jpg

Then to go in a different direction with sound, I have these

4. Hush Little Darling
641602977_XHm5L-M.jpg

5. So Quiet
640578482_ZzDbQ-M.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    I like 4 best. It really says quiet to me.

If you decide to go with loud, I prefer 2.
  • jeffgrovesjeffgroves Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    ic4u wrote:
    Is anyone still out there that might be able to offer some opinions or suggestions? This challenge was exactly that for me...a big fat challenge! This is my first time to make it to the Mega

I know exactly how you feel Karin, this is my first mega as well and what a challenge. I just posted my photo a little while ago. :whew

As for your photos, my two fav's would be "wipeout" and "spray". Your pin drop is also very good (had the same idea myself), but it doesn't compete with the pin drop that shatch already has up. His is very good and one of my favorites in the current running.

Anyway, good luck and don't let that deadline get by you! thumb.gif
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    Thank you for your feedback WhatSheSawthumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
    edited September 7, 2009
    jeffgroves wrote:
    I know exactly how you feel Karin, this is my first mega as well and what a challenge. I just posted my photo a little while ago. :whew

As for your photos, my two fav's would be "wipeout" and "spray". Your pin drop is also very good (had the same idea myself), but it doesn't compete with the pin drop that shatch already has up. His is very good and one of my favorites in the current running.

Anyway, good luck and don't let that deadline get by you! thumb.gif

Thanks Jeff! Always comforting to know someone else is in the same boat as you:D
    The pin drop idea was one of the first thoughts I had, and I did see Shatch's entry, so I likely would not use it, but wanted to see what kind of reactions it got. I think it's different enough from his that it would be ok to use, but......ne_nau.gif
    Karin

• The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    I like number one and I actually like number 5to.
    I think we all thought about the pin drop.
    I really like the simplicity of it. The reflection doesn't seem to match it though.
    I also like the crop but I would try to lighten it up a little.

Hope that helps.

g
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    I love #4 but... the challenge is about sound not lack of it, so, I'm torn.

There is no rule that states you cannot enter a similar idea as another entry. In the past there have been up to 4 similar ideas in a challenge and several times 2 of the multiples made it into the votes.
    edited September 7, 2009
    I like number one and I actually like number 5to.
    I think we all thought about the pin drop.
    I really like the simplicity of it. The reflection doesn't seem to match it though.
    I also like the crop but I would try to lighten it up a little.

Hope that helps.

g

Thanks Gail....not sure why the reflection did that, but my PS skills aren't good enough to change it, and I think it needs the reflection to realize the pin is dropping onto a surface, so I left it alone. I hear what you're saying though, so thanks for your input, it is much appreciated!iloveyou.gif
    Karin

• bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    You said it! This round was a challenge for sure.

I like #4. There are many interpretations of sound...even the sound of silence (I was thinking about a library earlier in the week). I do like #5, however...after seeing Shatch's entry, I don't think I will ever look at another pin without remembering or comparing it to his entry.

#4 gets my vote.

:D

Brian
    edited September 7, 2009
    sherstone wrote:
    I love #4 but... the challenge is about sound not lack of it, so, I'm torn.

There is no rule that states you cannot enter a similar idea as another entry. In the past there have been up to 4 similar ideas in a challenge and several times 2 of the multiples made it into the votes.

Yes Sean, #4 is my personal favorite as far as the image goes, but was torn on the sound/lack of sound just as you pointed out, so the question arises... is silence a sound???Depends who you ask I guess. Oh well, not sure what I'll do. Thanks for chiming in, I value your thoughts
    Karin

edited September 7, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    You said it! This round was a challenge for sure.

I like #4. There are many interpretations of sound...even the sound of silence (I was thinking about a library earlier in the week). I do like #5, however...after seeing Shatch's entry, I don't think I will ever look at another pin without remembering or comparing it to his entry.

#4 gets my vote.

:D

Brian

Thanks Brian....we must have been writing at the same time! You just confirmed my question about silence being a sound!
    Karin

• jeffgrovesjeffgroves Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    Looking at it in the gallery, I am glad you went with #4.