Two street scenes from Monday night

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited September 12, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Mid-evening in very dark conditions. I've just started working in ISO 3200, so learning to deal with the noise. Very interested in C&C.

1)
642045090_vSjZD-L.jpg

2)
642033144_ayheD-L.jpg

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Hi Michswiss,

Out of these two, I prefer the second one, I think.

The first one I like for the reason that it makes me wonder what the two women are doing. But, the very surprised look on the woman's face I don't really like. It looks as if she is looking directly at you, the photographer. This kind of takes her 'out of her role', out of the situation that you were trying to shoot.
    Is this cropped? I think a little less tight on the framing could be nicer.

The second one I prefer because you captured the setting without 'disturbing' it, if you know what I mean.
    It's a pretty cool shot, but I do think there is room for improvement. It's a cool shot: You've isolated your subject, there is movement from other people and things, but what am I looking at? the backside of two girls? Why those girls? what are they/is the left girl doing? I'm also missing faces a bit; For so many people in the shot, I'd like to see more faces.

I just made the same comment in another thread, but do you have more from this shoot? If you have a series, they might be stronger, because they tell more of a story, if you know what I mean.