Options

Diptych & Triptych Info

Stacey LStacey L Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
edited March 31, 2011 in Finishing School
Hi all:

I'm trying to learn how to make triptychs and diptychs in CS3 extended. Mike Warren (is he active on this website?) was nice enough to send me some step-by-step instructions, but I'm having a problem using the ruler function. I'm trying to use the Straight Line tool, but the lines I'm creating still are showing up within the new document. How do I get rid of them? I hope I'm explaining this well enough...

Thanks,
Stacey

"Be strong, courageous and get to work. Don't be frightened by the size of the task, because the Lord my God is with you; He will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly." 1 Chronicles 28:20

Comments

• Options
    edited September 7, 2009
    No one knows or did I not explain my problem well enough?
    Thanks,
    Stacey L wrote:
    Hi all:

I'm trying to learn how to make triptychs and diptychs in CS3 extended. Mike Warren (is he active on this website?) was nice enough to send me some step-by-step instructions, but I'm having a problem using the ruler function. I'm trying to use the Straight Line tool, but the lines I'm creating still are showing up within the new document. How do I get rid of them? I hope I'm explaining this well enough...

Thanks,
    Stacey

"Be strong, courageous and get to work. Don't be frightened by the size of the task, because the Lord my God is with you; He will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly." 1 Chronicles 28:20
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,903 moderator
    edited September 8, 2009
    Stacey, I am not familiar with the technique. Perhaps if you post the steps we might be able to help?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2009
    Hi Ziggy:

This is an example of a diptych: http://www.chromasia.com/iblog/archives/0602191959.php

And, here's a triptych:
    http://www.intermix.org.uk/Gallery/triptych2.asp
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Stacey, I am not familiar with the technique. Perhaps if you post the steps we might be able to help?

Thanks
    Stacey

• Options
    edited September 8, 2009
    here are the instructions I received (below) my problem is that I can't turn off the lines that the ruler genertes to get the squaresne_nau.gif.

Let's start with a 4" X 4" square with two 2" X 2" squares.
    Together that will be 4" X 6".
    If this did not have any white borders between the squares, then that would fit a 4" X 6" print perfectly.
    To make this template create a new photoshop document that is 6" wide X 4" tall X 300 pixels/inch RGB in 8 bit mode.
    Add rulers to your layout.
    Drag out a guide from the left to stop at 4". Drag out a guide from the top to the middle at 2".
    Make sure your template has "Snap" to "Guides" selected.
    Open one of your images.
    Use the crop tool in your tool palette.
    Select the tool.
    Fill in the control palette a size of 2" X 2" X 300 ppi
    Marquee a selection on your image then double click to crop.
    Select all, then copy.
    Go to the template, then paste.
    Align the 2" X 2" image to the upper right corner of your template.
    Repeat this process on a different image, then paste in the lower right corner of your template.
    Do this one more time, except change the size to 4" X 4" X 300 ppi
    Paste the 4" X 4" image on the left side of the template.
    The pictures should snap into place nicely due to the outer edges of the canvas or guidelines.
    Save at this point to print a 4" X 6" print.
    Stacey

• Options
    reimundreimund Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 31, 2011
    I just released a plugin for Photoshop that automates diptych and triptych creation! Download it here and check it out :):)

http://lumens.se/tychpanel/