Elliot Creek

scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
edited September 9, 2009 in Landscapes
The party's over in the Pacific Northwest and we've returned to our usual weather- sunny weekdays and rainy weekends. My Plan A was thwarted so I settled on a Plan B- a rainy day hike along Elliot Creek.

And a rainy day it was. Despite being in the forest, both my gear and myself were completely drenched. I finally turned around when both my lens cloths were soaked and my camera decided to no longer read the aperature setting from my lens. Thankfully, Pentax gear is built to handle these kind of conditions..

641777636_qYwCZ-L.jpg

641777934_cmjsq-L.jpg

641778163_CTF3F-L.jpg

641778708_j8XyX-L.jpg

641778443_qrrLK-L.jpg

641779045_e3weU-L.jpg

Thanks for looking..

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    a brave soul, Steve... i don't think i'd risk my gear in the kind of rain we had over the weekend. it might be okay, but tromping around in that kind of weather isn't much fun. still, you did get some nice shots... i like the last one best; the stump on the left adds depth and color.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Hi Steve, I like #6 as well. The warmth of the colour in the tree and fungi really adds a nice contrast.
    Cheers, Richard.
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Thanks, guys. I was pretty happy to find that trunk with the fungus from #6.

Yeah, it was tough conditions to be sure but I do take a few precausions. On a day like this, I also take a smaller traveller's umbrella which I hold above my camera gear so that I can shield the lens (and camera, of course) from raindrops. It also helps shield the body while I change lenses. I also keep a small towel with me which I periodically wipe the rain off the camera and lens body.

I've had my Pentax DSLR for over a year and have taken it out on a number of outings in rain & snow and haven't had any issues with operation..
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Really nice series. I love your choice of shutter speed to capture that milky white water flow. I like 2, as it leads your eye into the photo, plus you got down low into the shot for a better perspective. Also 6 is a great compo, doesn't cover a large area but it is packed with interest and color and different textures.

Well done.