A Light in the Tent

CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited September 9, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Shot this while camping over the long weekend. I thought it turned out to be a pretty cool shot.

642586288_Vx2jQ-L.jpg

C&C welcome!
Daily Shot
My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    I think you thought right... cool shot.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Pretty cool result. Looks like a fairly long exposure given the light swirls
    form inside the tent. Interesting effect to the direct foreground. PS Filter?
    Michael
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    I like this, but I like photos with lights in tents. Makes the tent look more interesting then what they normally are.

The flip-flops add to the photo sitting outside the tent.

Hope your camping trip was fun :D
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Thanks for the replies!
    DaddyO wrote:
    Pretty cool result. Looks like a fairly long exposure given the light swirls
    form inside the tent. Interesting effect to the direct foreground. PS Filter?

14 second exposure and edited with Topaz Adjust. I thought it worked pretty well with this photo.
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like this, but I like photos with lights in tents. Makes the tent look more interesting then what they normally are.

The flip-flops add to the photo sitting outside the tent.

Hope your camping trip was fun :D

I agree that the sandals pull the viewer into the shot, and that tents are pretty boring by themselves. I'm glad you liked it! The trip was great, despite a large loud family slapping the fire code in the face (multiple fires and tiki torches - only gas stoves allowed) despite multiple visits from the rangers. That's a whole different rant.
    Daily Shot

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    CoryUT wrote:
    I agree that the sandals pull the viewer into the shot, and that tents are pretty boring by themselves. I'm glad you liked it! The trip was great, despite a large loud family slapping the fire code in the face (multiple fires and tiki torches - only gas stoves allowed) despite multiple visits from the rangers. That's a whole different rant.

Even when camping you can't pick your neighbors rolleyes1.gif
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    How'd you get that E. T. to not run away while you took the shot? In fact, it looks like he's relaxing with his elbow on the mattress and hand above his ear. Was he reading? Is he your friend? :D

Great shot! Great colors and contrast. A fun shot. clap.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • BMW_StuBMW_Stu Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Awesome shot
    :dunno:hotfood
  • silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Cool shot, Cory. Great eye, as always.

My only nits (and only based on personal, unfounded opinion and preference) is that the light to the right of the tent, and even the light on the right of the tent, is a bit distracting.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
    edited September 9, 2009
    silversx80 wrote:
    Cool shot, Cory. Great eye, as always.

My only nits (and only based on personal, unfounded opinion and preference) is that the light to the right of the tent, and even the light on the right of the tent, is a bit distracting.

Thanks Joe. I thought about the light on the right and couldn't decide if I found it distracting or if I felt that it contributed to the overall mood of the scene. Ultimately I chose to err on the side of lazy and leave it as is.

I may still go back and dim it to see what it looks like.
    Daily Shot

edited September 9, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    How'd you get that E. T. to not run away while you took the shot? In fact, it looks like he's relaxing with his elbow on the mattress and hand above his ear. Was he reading? Is he your friend? :D

Great shot! Great colors and contrast. A fun shot. clap.gif

That's a creative way of looking at it! :) Thanks for the reply.
    Daily Shot