On the edge

NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited September 8, 2009 in Landscapes
This is my second attempt at a pano; it's three shots stitched together in photoshop. If anybody's willing to offer a bit of advice that would be appreciated.

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    the stitch job looks fine, though at this size, it's hard to tell. the composition leaves me a bit cold, though... it's hard to see (again, perhaps due to the small size of this image) what exactly is going on in the background (an old stone wall, perhaps?) and the foreground is too distracting. for a "pano practice" shot, it's fine, though...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    squirl033 wrote:
    the stitch job looks fine, though at this size, it's hard to tell. the composition leaves me a bit cold, though... it's hard to see (again, perhaps due to the small size of this image) what exactly is going on in the background (an old stone wall, perhaps?) and the foreground is too distracting. for a "pano practice" shot, it's fine, though...

Thanks for the comments, squirl033, and you're right it was only taken as 'pano practice'. It's the rocky edge of a hillside that's partially covered in heather although that's more apparent at full-size. I agree it's not well composed, I guess I was thinking that although photoshop's pretty good at stitching images together I'd have to be pretty accurate with the shots because of the amount of detail present.

I'm going to the Isle of Aaran in November and I'm trying to get the 'pano mistakes' out of the way and sorted before I go so I can (hopefully) take some half decent ones whilst I'm there.