Picture from today's shoot

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited September 8, 2009 in People
Here's a shot from a shoot I did today. C&C welcome.

642775191_SCqbi-X2.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    Overall, it's a cute shot. The vehicle in the background is not ideal. I wonder if you could clone it out. She's a little too warm, especially her legs. That may be due to the red brick. I think I would like to see her face brightened up a little. I think she looks comfortable and has a nice smile.
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Overall, it's a cute shot. The vehicle in the background is not ideal. I wonder if you could clone it out. She's a little too warm, especially her legs. That may be due to the red brick. I think I would like to see her face brightened up a little. I think she looks comfortable and has a nice smile.

How's that Caroline? :)
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    She still looks a bit sunburned on her legs, but looks really wonderful!

From a technique point of view, mind if I ask a question? If she stepped back just a couple of inches, would the sun have created a nice highlight on her hair, or would the low sun in this case just have messed things up? This isn't a suggestion, but more of a question of using natural light, and avoiding it when it doesn't help. You clearly had her in the shadow of the columns, and I don't think that was an accident.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited September 8, 2009
    Thanks....Yes she actually just came back from the Cape for 2 days of sunning.

You are correct, I intentionally had her stand in the shadows because the sun was so harsh. I do have some with her a bit farther back and the light on her light hair color blows out really bad. The direct light yesterday was really not an option unfortunately.
    adbsgicom wrote:
    She still looks a bit sunburned on her legs, but looks really wonderful!

From a technique point of view, mind if I ask a question? If she stepped back just a couple of inches, would the sun have created a nice highlight on her hair, or would the low sun in this case just have messed things up? This isn't a suggestion, but more of a question of using natural light, and avoiding it when it doesn't help. You clearly had her in the shadow of the columns, and I don't think that was an accident.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Thanks....Yes she actually just came back from the Cape for 2 days of sunning.

You are correct, I intentionally had her stand in the shadows because the sun was so harsh. I do have some with her a bit farther back and the light on her light hair color blows out really bad. The direct light yesterday was really not an option unfortunately.

Thanks for the info/feedback.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    How's that Caroline? :)

Better. You'd never know there was a red vehicle in the background! You controlled the highlights in the background pretty well, for what seems like a less than ideal lighting situation.

Great shot.
    edited September 8, 2009
    Better. You'd never know there was a red vehicle in the background! You controlled the highlights in the background pretty well, for what seems like a less than ideal lighting situation.

Great shot.

Thanks Caroline! :)
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Looks like it could be an ad for a sneaker manufacturer.
    ... or Colgate. Are they her natural teeth, or have they been subjected to some (too much?) digital manipulation?