Options

A Southern Exploration: Basdaku, Moalboal

GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited September 13, 2009 in Landscapes
Yesterday we decided to embark on an exploration going Southern part of Cebu. Our trip was just spontaneous that started out with an itch to shoot landscape that day. Initially our target was Kawasan Falls but due to the great number of tourists and locals going there, we decided to go to Moalboal instead. "Moalboal is foremost known as a place of great diving. The sleepy town lies on the west coast of Cebu, about 92 km south of Cebu City. You can cover the distance in about 2 1/2 with a car or bus."

Aside from the images and scenery we witnessed, its the learning and stories that made the "Moalboal trip" memorable. Just to kickoff our VISMIN Exploration we will start from here then cover our succeeding trips and share them to all. Indeed, we were blessed that day with strong winds and waves! To Lem and Paul I salute you guys for your passion to this hobby. Now, looking forward to the next..
3896541565_d51c12ee16_b.jpg
ISO 125 l 17mm l f4 l ."7sec l CPL l .9 ND GRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    I love everything about this shot! The ghostly water, your fellow photographers, the dramatic clouds... thumb.gif

Looking forward to more from this trip :D
  • Options
    toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Lovely shot, love the blueness and drama going on here and the positioning of the people works nicely as well
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    These fellas are braver than me. Looks like the ocean is waiting to swallow-up a tripod "mishap".

Lovely image though.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    These fellas are braver than me. Looks like the ocean is waiting to swallow-up a tripod "mishap".
    Lovely image though.

hi rwells, the waves were really crashing that afternoon. got scared also but the taking its pictures was more tempting.iloveyou.gif
    toadlet wrote:
    Lovely shot, love the blueness and drama going on here and the positioning of the people works nicely as well

thanks toadlet, my buddies were happy with the shot as well.thumb.gif
    schmoo wrote:
    I love everything about this shot! The ghostly water, your fellow photographers, the dramatic clouds... thumb.gif
    Looking forward to more from this trip :D

thanks schmoo will be posting more. cheers!rolleyes1.gif
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
  • Options
    boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    This is a great image!
  • Options
    edited September 10, 2009
    #2 SURGE
    ISO 50 l 17mm l f4 l .3" l CPL l .9 ND GRAD SE
    3905618757_134ec44299_b.jpg
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    Very neat! From time to time I like to see a person in the landscape to give the scene a sense of scale, depth or reality! :D
  • Options
    Eia wrote:
    Very neat! From time to time I like to see a person in the landscape to give the scene a sense of scale, depth or reality! :D

hi eia thanks a lot! you know this is nice as long as they don't move for a couple of minutes or seconds.rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    I really like the first shot. I think the photographers really do add something. But I agree with Randy, you are all a lot braver than me when you put the tripod into the waves.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    Wonderful job as always ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited September 12, 2009
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    I really like the first shot. I think the photographers really do add something. But I agree with Randy, you are all a lot braver than me when you put the tripod into the waves.

thanks hawkeye, believe me im scared also haha, but the images and composition is so hard to resist!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited September 12, 2009
    Wonderful job as always ! clap.gif

thanks awais! cheers!
    #3 PULO
    ISO 50 l 19mm l f6.7 l 30" l ND400 l .9 ND GRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3906009813_f0c81a71a4_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2009
    Pardon guys but the 2nd Image was accidentally erased. Re-posting this.:)
    #2 SURGE
    ISO 50 l 17mm l f4 l .3" l CPL l .9 ND GRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3905618757_6445115dd9_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2009
    i just love this spot in the beach. waves are crashing knee high here.:)
    ISO 100 l 17mm l f4 l .7" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
    3918027088_ff84375df2_o.jpg