Harvest Moon Pow Wow

OhiohikerOhiohiker Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited September 16, 2009 in People
This weekend in was the Harvest Moon Pow Wow. 3 Days of Native American ceremonies and dancing. I went down to grab a couple of shots, I have two I really like but I am not sure if the one looks better in black and white or color. So let me know!

642677670_QxMc8-M.jpg

642674656_VuLdQ-M.jpg

Comments

• WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    Color...for sure. Part of the Native American culture are the bright colors and ceremonial garb.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    Wachel wrote:
    Color...for sure. Part of the Native American culture are the bright colors and ceremonial garb.
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Courtney
  • staypuffinpcstaypuffinpc Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    color....but
    Wachel wrote:
    I heartily agree, BUT I'd also mention that the blue in the bground is really kinda' distracting me in the in the color one.
    {something witty here}
  • OhiohikerOhiohiker Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    The blue background was why I was leaning toward the black and white, but the colors are so vibrant. I may try a selective color.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 8, 2009
    Ohiohiker wrote:
    The blue background was why I was leaning toward the black and white, but the colors are so vibrant. I may try a selective color.

I think if you just desaturate the background a bit, that will do the trick. deal.gif
  • OhiohikerOhiohiker Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    I desaturated the blues a bit and I agree it does look better. Thanks for the advice.thumb.gif
    650851520_ixP29-M.jpg
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    I like that. Very crisp and colorful.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    Very nice! and I agree with the rest: The (edited) color one is much nicer thumb.gif