Labor day random-ness

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited September 8, 2009 in People
Want to share some of my fav shots from today with the family at the farm...

1.My daughter and my mom
642807653_psreh-L.jpg

2. The 'rents, gotta love em
642810777_scZCA-L.jpg

3. We are a goofy bunch
642811411_RM5HL-L.jpg
642811411_RM5HLL.jpg

4. My Love
642813586_pBq7C-L.jpg

5. My uncle, making fun of me. My family calls me the paparazzi.
642813007_h2NXk-L.jpg

6. really we are goofy
642814170_xQ6gc-L.jpg

7. BUT we laugh A LOT :rofl
642815960_StrQ8-L.jpg

8. Sis..
642818245_gULVd-L.jpg

9. Again..she's a beauty
642817233_7s7Ms-L.jpg

10. Good times
642810041_k4iZP-L.jpg

That's all... Hope everyone had a safe and happy Labor Day! :D

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    #1 I gotta say, when I first read the caption, my first thought was something along the lines of, "Mom? How old is lilmomma? 12?" Then I re-read the caption to discover that the little one is your daughter so you must be at least 20. mwink.gif Anyway, very, very nice photograph of a couple of very lovely ladies!

The two of your sister (8, 9) are nice. Not liking the tree growing out of her head in 8, but the photo still works. In 9, I would have asked her to remove her shoes and hide them from the camera but the photo still works quite nicely. And you're right, she a beauty!

#10 This is a very nice shot of your uncle. Nice composition, nice blurred background, good processing. This is a winner!

Looks like your family had a very nice Labor Day weekend (we got completely rained out - something like 2 inches in 24 hours).
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    These are fun. I like the pp.

Nice assortment of a crazy family!thumb.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Ok, Lilmomma, I officially feel really, really REALLY old. Like, REALLY old. Your mom looks about 30!!!!

I think this is a very fun set. I really like 8 and 9 (although I'd love to see how much of 9 you could crop and/or clone to lose the and other distractions in the distant background)

Looks like you all had fun! We had rain yesterday too, but fortunately did all our bbqing etc with friends on Sunday :D
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Scott- Ok changed the title. Ha ha daughter is only 3 so that would have actually made me nonexistentrolleyes1.gif I am actually 27...wish I was 20 though. Uuugh I totally know about 9, it was actually taken before 8 and wish I would've thought about it then, but I didn't until we got to the straw bales. Live and learn i guess... In anycase, it was pretty light i had to force her to let me get some shots. Sorry you ended up with so much rain... It rained here on Sunday but yesterday was beautiful!

Thanks Mitchell!

Diva- Nah don't feel old... She is 43 and I'm 27. She was really young when she had me. She's more like a friend than a mom now days!
    I'll try cropping 9... i was trying to position her to where the background wouldn't be so distracting but then i'd lose the light. The sun was starting to set and there were lots of areas of blocked sun from all the trees. Of course I didn't think to roam around other parts of the fields. And kinda glad we didn't, after we got back my grandma was leaving and seen a copperhead cross the gravel road, right around the spot we were shooting. YIKES!
    I'm glad you at least got a bbq day in. Don't think labor day weekend is the same without it!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Love 1/8/9/10. The shot of your daughter is wonderful (the background not so much), but her expression and hair going every which way is precious. Beautiful work.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    I have to say this is the best work I have ever seen form you. Some truly good candids. The thing that jumps out at me is the consistency of the goodness. There is not weak on in the bunch. boy..you sure have come long way.clap.gif

The PP is just wonderful as well.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited September 8, 2009
    Wow thank you! I can definitely feel that my confidence level has risen lately, like I actually "feel" like a true photographer now, where before I didn't feel it so much. I don't know, kinda hard to explain but i really appreciate the compliment! wings.gif
    edited September 8, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Love 1/8/9/10. The shot of your daughter is wonderful (the background not so much), but her expression and hair going every which way is precious. Beautiful work.

Thank you..I love her hair but at the same time it drives me nuts. I do love that shot too, the way her curls fall on her shoulder is so sweet!
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009