50th Wedding Anniversary photo ideas

trippy64trippy64 Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited September 8, 2009 in Technique
I am looking for some ideas of composition for a 50th wedding anniversary. It is a casual affair at a home, a very large home. The home features a pool, and a fountain court and will have several tents for seating. There will be 150 guests. The pool has a fire pit, and there are some wooded areras around the home as well. It will be late Octobor, so the leaves will be green with some slight color. Specifically, I am looking for an idea to frame the honorees in a way that is unique, than the standard studio shots. After searching the web, isee more ideas on a photo frames than atctual shots to use as inspiration.
PS, i am not the photographer, but have been handed the task of findong one and tasking him with direction.
trippy64.smugmug.com
A man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills.

An opinion should be the result of thought,not the replacement of it.:scratch

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    I think, maybe, you are getting the cart before the horse. My best advice is to find a photographer whose style you (and the honorees) like. He/she is the professional and you are paying him/her to solve these sorts of problems.

Once you have your professional selected, sit down with the photog and do some brain-storming. This may mean that you will have to pay a bit more to have the photog come out and do a quick site survey, but I believe it will be well worth the money. If you can, it may pay dividends to introduce the photog to the couple so he/she can get a sense of the couple's personality - to better capture same in the photographs. One of the benefits will be the photog's ability to capture these images with as little drain on the enery levels of the couple as possible - that may (or may not) be a significant thing, depending.