Options

Tamron 60mm Macro - Any Users?

pyanezpyanez Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited September 11, 2009 in Holy Macro
Wondering if anyone has already tried this interesting lens? In particular I'm wondering about the overall sharpness, how noisy/quiet the motor is, and if at 1:1 you can shoot with the built in flash without the lens casting a shadow? --- Tamron makes claim of an unusually long working distance at 1:1 and I'm hoping that like the Canon 60mm this lens can pull off the built-in flash trick.

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 9, 2009
    Seriously, no one?
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    Have to admit I thought you'd done a typo - hadn't heard about the new Tamron 60mm macro lens. Suspect you may have to find a friendly camera shop to have a test of the lens.
    Brian V.
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2009
    OK since no one had much info I decided to purchase one of the very few Nikon versions of this lens (just released) to compare to my Canon 60mm.

I recently began switching from Canon to Nikon and the last thing holding me back, not an insignificant problem it turns out, was replacing my much beloved Canon 60mm EF-S with a lens of similar quality, size and characteristics. Turns out the Nikon, and all other 3rd party vendors have nothing similar to offer until now.

Lens arrives tomorrow and weather and family willing I will do a quick and dirty test to check out the new Tamron 60mm. I'll post results here.

Thanks.

PS - Lordy, Lordy, you are everywhere... I'll skip putting up the same reply regarding availability of this lens as I did at FM.

--
    http://www.modernstills.com