Another Creek

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited September 9, 2009 in Landscapes
788-bcreek-j0020w.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Absolutely beautiful! the water is a best; not too soft and not so hard. I can even see a splash!!! Is this somewhere in the desert? clap.gif
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    well done. do you have others that show more of the surroundings?
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Very nice! Thank you for sharing it.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    That; is a really pretty photo Walter!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Looks wonderful Walter -- the water coming over the rock looks like its coming out of little holes to give it that look thumb.gif
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Absolutely beautiful! the water is a best; not too soft and not so hard. I can even see a splash!!! Is this somewhere in the desert? clap.gif

Thank you Eia. My niece wants a print of this so I figured I'd put it through the 'extra yard' machine and see if I could do it better than I did initially. It's not quite in, but not quite out of the desert either. It's a small creek that pours out of the eastern Sierra Nevada.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 8, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    well done. do you have others that show more of the surroundings?

Thank you. This is all I got.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 8, 2009
    Thwack wrote:
    Very nice! Thank you for sharing it.

Thank you and you're welcome.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 8, 2009
    ront wrote:
    That; is a really pretty photo Walter!!

Ron

Thanks. I was hoping my PP skills would catch up with it someday.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Very velvety, indeed. thumb.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

edited September 8, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Looks wonderful Walter -- the water coming over the rock looks like its coming out of little holes to give it that look thumb.gif

Thanks. I remember lining it all up and watching it get better and better. After I took the shot was when I discovered this man wasn't made to squat like that. Seems like it took forever to stand back up :)

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 8, 2009
    leaforte wrote:
    Very velvety, indeed. thumb.gif

Thank you!

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Great job, Walter! I really like the way you captured the water in this one--well done!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited September 8, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    Thanks. I remember lining it all up and watching it get better and better. After I took the shot was when I discovered this man wasn't made to squat like that. Seems like it took forever to stand back up :)

-

Oh, I know that feeling rolleyes1.gif Finally I got smart and bought an exercise mat to sit or kneel on. Works wonders. If you get one....don't go cheap. Bought mine at wally-world. They are light to carry, but cumbersome sometimes. Made a bag for mine so I swing it over my shoulder.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Great tip, Mary. I have the same problem with getting up from a squat. Maybe I should ask a trainer for some photographer-specific exercises! :help
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Outstanding Walter......clap.gif azzaro
    edited September 9, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Great job, Walter! I really like the way you captured the water in this one--well done!

Lauren

Thank you Lauren. I don't see much water like this, I try to make the most of it.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 9, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Oh, I know that feeling rolleyes1.gif Finally I got smart and bought an exercise mat to sit or kneel on. Works wonders. If you get one....don't go cheap. Bought mine at wally-world. They are light to carry, but cumbersome sometimes. Made a bag for mine so I swing it over my shoulder.

Although I do have that specific problem too, this one was more of a stretch and squat from one rock to another, to another and so on with my left arm and canteen as an outrigger/balance of sorts. I try to be very cautious, aware and move slow. I've considered kneepads, but have come up with settling for using sleeved, leather workgloves with reinforced backs- I can fold them up and kneel on them or bunch them and use them to absorb the point load on my hands getting up. I have to have something to protect my hands from the sun/cold anyhow.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 9, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Great tip, Mary. I have the same problem with getting up from a squat. Maybe I should ask a trainer for some photographer-specific exercises! :help

Hmm, maybe the time has come for me to get a sherpa.

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 9, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Outstanding Walter......clap.gif azzaro

Thank you!

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited September 9, 2009
    wfeller wrote:
    Although I do have that specific problem too, this one was more of a stretch and squat from one rock to another, to another and so on with my left arm and canteen as an outrigger/balance of sorts. I try to be very cautious, aware and move slow. I've considered kneepads, but have come up with settling for using sleeved, leather workgloves with reinforced backs- I can fold them up and kneel on them or bunch them and use them to absorb the point load on my hands getting up. I have to have something to protect my hands from the sun/cold anyhow.

Those leather workgloves sound interesting -- could you post a photo of them sometime? I haven't seen sleeved ones. I need a good pair of leather gloves when out shooting as my arms always get scratched up in the tall grass.

I hope you've never fallen in the water stretching from rock to rock.