Options

**WCC (Weddings Challenge Contest) #1: REFLECTION

13»

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    angevin1 wrote:
    What great, great photos...I cannot believe I missed the deadline in this!!

Just for that....watch it...She's got a knife~~

659544419_xDceW-M.jpg

hahahaha!rolleyes1.gif ~ What a great way to start my day.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    Well here is my feedback... For what it is worth. We had some really lovely entries. You guys did a great job of making my choices difficult. Now keep it up for the next round.

Jeffreaux2- It is a stunning, epic photo. Fantastic technically, artistically, and extremely good timing.

Thanks Heather, and thanks for hosting this first round....a super success!!!

As for my shot....?

The wedding was done.

It was around 5:30PM, and we were shooting some stuff afterwards. I was surprised that the beach was as empty as it was of sunbathers and beachcombers. This is a public beach, but is located between Gulf Shores and Ft. Morgan. As it was, there were a couple high rise condo buildings a few miles distant that I removed from the water's edge at upper right....and one guy in a lawn chair well beyond the couple on the beach. This was my first beach wedding. I was lucky to have such a deserted beach to shoot on for sure. Last summer when we vacationed in Destin, I had the opportunity to watch 3 beach weddings from a distance. THEY had much different conditions.....more onlookers to deal with. As it was.....my wife and I were up to our knees in surf, she with a light stand/umbrella and me with a camera shooting my daughters senior photos while 500 yards away a photographer was shooting formals with a shoe mounted flash.

Anyway...back to this shot....

We had finished basically and I asked them to walk down the beach a bit. I simply knelt and framed up the horizon and waited til they reached a solid rule of thirds location in the frame. I guess you could say they walked right into it....I simply pressed the shutter release.

If I had my rathers, I would rather have some dramatic skies there behind them, but those of us from the southern states know all to well that we mostly get these whitish humidity filled skies.

Still though.....I was hooping and hollering like a madman when I saw it on the lcd. I had exactly what I'd envisioned, and Ive loved it since first sight.:D

Thanks to everyone for sharing such inspiring imagesthumb.gif