Fiery Sky-- Colorado

davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited September 8, 2009 in Landscapes
Colorado makes another generous contribution to the Fine Arts.

I love this State. Taken from Parker, CO, looking West/NW towards the mountains.

611373183_avt7X-M-1.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Looks like you had a wonderful sunset thumb.gif I hear the smoke from the CA fires is giving you some beautiful sunrise's and sunsets. Even here in ND we are getting some wonderful sunsets from the smoke.
  • davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Looks like you had a wonderful sunset thumb.gif I hear the smoke from the CA fires is giving you some beautiful sunrise's and sunsets. Even here in ND we are getting some wonderful sunsets from the smoke.

Sometimes the smoke will work in our favor-- but not this time. Its just been very ugly sky all around.

In this photo, however, it was quite clear-- this is a typical CO sunset.

I spent time in Minot, ND, at the AFB-- was a B-52 flight crew member. ND, though very flat and VAST was always worth a good sunset/rise.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    davidryan wrote:
    Sometimes the smoke will work in our favor-- but not this time. Its just been very ugly sky all around.

In this photo, however, it was quite clear-- this is a typical CO sunset.

I spent time in Minot, ND, at the AFB-- was a B-52 flight crew member. ND, though very flat and VAST was always worth a good sunset/rise.

I'm in CO every year to visit my son and have seen some of those beautiful sunsets.

Minot -- bet you're glad your in CO now rolleyes1.gif