Cap and Gown photographs

celesteceleste Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited September 9, 2009 in People
Has anyone ever shot senior cap and gown pictures outdoors. I love outdoor settings and have a client who is open to the idea...does anyone have a few they would share and let me see how GOOD this could look.

thanks!:clap

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    These were dorm mates saying good-bye before the procession.

165062811_y2G4G-L.jpg

The significance of the tassel from left to right might be a thought in the photos.
    Growing with Dgrin

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    I have done a set of cap and gown outdoors, but she was not the ideal model, so I don't know how helpful it would be to show them. I did feel that it worked well. I would do outdoor cap and gown again.

494615538_5WBPN-L.jpg
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Hi Celeste,

I don't have outdoor gown/cap shots (we don't do gown and caps over here), but what you can also do, is go to www.smugmug.com and in the search box (top-right) type something like "graduation gown cap" and see what comes up. On the first results page you get, scroll down to see individual photos. Not all will be outside, but there could be enough to give you an idea or two!

Hope this helps.

-Ivar
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    Here are a few I took outdoors.

543739511_3kY38-M.jpg

543739626_g2cSv-M.jpg

543743619_RrvGh-M.jpg

The rest can be seen here.
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2009
    In the first shot the mom did not want the little girl to wear the collar that goes with the gown (beats me to the reason why)
    Please excuse the "proof" on the second shot
    7a.jpg
    3786820517_9ce4a05a75.jpg
    Courtney