The Themes

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited September 11, 2009 in People
Here are a couple shots from a small concert last week. I really struggled with the lighting!! It was consistent, but seemed be very hot on her face. If I metered for that the rest of the pic was very dark. Luckily I did shoot in RAW which gave me some room for adjustment. Used my Sony a700 and KM 28-75mm f/2.8 lens.
Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks, Ron

643244960_mbfLy-L.jpg

643245133_n6oPj-L.jpg

643245308_QVP3L-L.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    Hi Ron,

Looks you were in some harsh conditions. It seems to have been very dark, and the light-difference on the two didn't make it easier either. Considering, I think you did pretty well. I particularly like the first one, where you caught them both singing at the same time.

I don't have the EXIF data, so I can't tell which ISO you shot, but it seems to be quite high, or maybe you raised the exposure in post? Either way, the result seems a bit noisy.

Have you considered converting them to Black and White? that would solve the color problem for sure, and the noise usually seems less as well.