I never promised you a rose garden...

jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited September 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Again at the grocery store, I spotted some on-sale flowers, and thought, "That's a good way to kill a Wednesday night!" What do you think of these? I was trying out my new umbrella with my SB-800, and my new-ish 50 mm. Appreciate any feedback.

DSC_0029_2.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
Joy Nash

Comments

• innershellinnershell Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    Let me comment on pic #1 only. As soon as I saw it, my attention was drawn to the fallen petals. For me anyway, a rose is a rose is a rose. But when there's fallen petals, then there's a story and I would have preferred to have the bottom in focus as well.

We'll see what others say...
  • jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    innershell wrote:
    But when there's fallen petals, then there's a story and I would have preferred to have the bottom in focus as well.

Thanks for the comment Innershell. I'll try that tonight - you're right, of course - a rose is a rose is a rose. It was more to play around with the lighting than anything. I feel like I did a better job lighting these than the other ones I posted, but I just recently got the umbrella, so that's probably why.

Anyway, will post again tonight with the petals in focus...
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash