How do I get rid of the noise!

melspencermelspencer Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited July 3, 2005 in People
This photo was taken on a non-digital, but it is one of the best photos of my son. He is hard to get good pictures of (he doesn't have time for it).

So how do I make this clean enough to print it and frame. I would like to have it in black and white.

Feel free to instruct, or post process.

I have uploaded a ton of photos I have taken to my spaces. So if you need a higher resolution photo to play with here is the link.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/melissawittespencer/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pLN3GHAbnMjIcb6JnrJSXjg!748&_c=PhotoAlbum

It is in the April 11- Album.

Your comments are greatly apreciated. Thanks so much. :thumb

Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2005
    Removing noise
    Mel, there are a number of programs / plugins which deal well with noise. I have used in the past: Noise Ninja, nik Dfine 1.0 and Grain Surgery 2. I cannot say I have a favourite one.

I had a look in Photoshop CS2 at your picture and I think you will find it very hard to improve it because it is scanned with low resolution. I think what you consider noise is simply lack of actual detail and thus results in jpeg artifacts. If you do have a high resolution scans any of the above programs should help you.

I hope this is useful.

Ted
  • aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2005
    Neat Image
    There is also one program called Neat Image which you can download and get a free demo. Google it .

It is very user friendly

Good luck

Michal