Portrait Round Robin with CookieS

KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
edited September 15, 2009 in People
A couple shots from the Portrait Round Robin with CookieS... although the Round Robin seems to have disappeared...? :dunno

Cookie wanted some shots with her horse, which was a learning experience for me and my reflector buddy - who ended up being the horse-perker-upper :D Light was much more difficult for me than I had anticipated and the horse was white, but hopefully she'll be pleased with a couple of shots. Oh yeah, and it was August in Florida... so very hot and humid. Cookie and Lacey did a great job posing through the uncomfortable weather!

1a.
642773106_E7Rad-S.jpg
1b. (reworked PP, is this a little better?)
649771427_gcUFz-M.jpg
644787924_oqGob-M.jpg
3a.
642797153_s5REZ-S.jpg
3b. (reworked tones... not so red?)
649774636_e6sdB-L.jpg
4. (oops, this one is a little off-center)
644804515_g7Rqa-M.jpg

Thanks for looking and C&C welcome!
Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    Nice images!

The first one is really wonderful. thumb.gif Don't know if you can drop the exposure a bit on the horse to get back a little more texture. Still a lovely shot, and great connection between the two.

2&3 are nice, but not nearly the connection between horse and lady as the first. She looks a little red as well, but that just may be her skin tone.

Like the idea of 4, but I think you are a bit too far back here for my taste.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    I don't normally like to leave short "Great Shot" comments, but Great Shot with #1. clap.gifclap.gif I don't know how far you've pushed it, but it would help to bring some texture back into the horse and to minimise the blowout underneath the horse's neck. Blackpoint, contrast and highlight & shadow adjustments might help.
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    Alright, did some editing on these... any better? I think next time around I'll use the clone tool instead of the burn tool to fill in the bright area below the horse's neck.

It was tough, tough light for me that day. * sigh * oh well :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    There's a bit more detail in the horse, and her 'color' is better IMO in the first one. Also, the red is down and looks good in 3. Nice going!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site