stupid 20D question #659

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited July 2, 2005 in Cameras
Sorry guys but cant find my manual after the move. Put the 400mm on & camera just wont shoot...in the view finder i can see a dot flashing with the number 6 next to it over on the right.

Wassup ????

Gus

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Sorry guys but cant find my manual after the move. Put the 400mm on & camera just wont shoot...in the view finder i can see a dot flashing with the number 6 next to it over on the right.

Wassup ????

Gus

1) power off, take battery out, wait 15 secs, put battery in, power on, try again

2) is your autofocus switch on "af" on the lens?

3) have you tried all modes, av, tv, p?
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2005
    andy wrote:
    1) power off, take battery out, wait 15 secs, put battery in, power on, try again

2) is your autofocus switch on "af" on the lens?

3) have you tried all modes, av, tv, p?
    1) ok..will try ..I thought that it wasnt a lock-up prob.
    2) yep..checked
    3) yep..all modes

Back soon.

Gus
    edited July 2, 2005
    Works fine on manual focus infinity...works fine when it has anything at all in sight on auto but just wont do an auto infinity sky shot ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif

This sound normal ??

I was fooling about & decided to see how dirty the sensor was on a high F stop sky shot.
    edited July 2, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Works fine on manual focus infinity...works fine when it has anything at all in sight on auto but just wont do an auto infinity sky shot ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif

This sound normal ??

I was fooling about & decided to see how dirty the sensor was on a high F stop sky shot.

....'gus - the af sensors need something contrasty to af on. ya gotta af on a far off tree branch or something like that, or just do a manual infinity focus and shoot the sky deal.gif
    edited July 2, 2005
    andy wrote:
    ....'gus - the af sensors need something contrasty to af on. ya gotta af on a far off tree branch or something like that, or just do a manual infinity focus and shoot the sky deal.gif
    Ok...sounds right then. Ta mate
    edited July 2, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Ok...sounds right then. Ta mate

a little kava helps in situations like this, too.

cheers mate
    edited July 2, 2005
    andy wrote:
    a little kava helps in situations like this, too.

cheers mate
    Got home at 12.30 am last night from shooting the bands. God it was a rough crowd...had to hoist the 20D up on the tripod at full arms reach many times as the crowd surged & collapsed into the band over & over & over.

Bike racing now on telly & the kava is ready to mix. I may just slip into a coma.

Gus