IR Portrait (And Porscape)

LexiticusLexiticus Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited September 13, 2009 in People
I rarely take any IR shots of people, because at worst it makes them look like zombies, and at best I usually get really soft looking detail-less skin (18-55 may be fine for landscapes, but not great for people)

This time I had the Sigma 50mm f1.4 on the camera, so I took some shots of my friend.

I called the one a Porscape, because the primary subject is definitely the tree :)

ir1.jpg

ir2.jpg

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    Woah, very cool! I am usually not that in to IR portraits, but it seems to work here.

I particularly like the first one. The subject seems to be nice and relaxed (maybe even 'himself'?).

I really like the tree and the sky in the second one, but the moving person and his camera & strap seem a bit out of place to me. I think it could have been better if he was standing still/posing, instead of walking.
  • LexiticusLexiticus Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    Woah, very cool! I am usually not that in to IR portraits, but it seems to work here.

I particularly like the first one. The subject seems to be nice and relaxed (maybe even 'himself'?).

I really like the tree and the sky in the second one, but the moving person and his camera & strap seem a bit out of place to me. I think it could have been better if he was standing still/posing, instead of walking.

Thanks! Was wondering if anyone was going to reply.

As for the last shot, I'm going to agree with you, its not the most comfortable looking post, and I just shot it Candid. Should have taken the time to set him up. But hindsight is 20/20!