Malaysian paradise

SaltWaterHippoSaltWaterHippo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited September 12, 2009 in Landscapes
I took a gap year from University, Been working since June on an island called Pulau Redang, Not been taking as much pictures as I should but I thought I'd share a few that I have so far, C&C is welcome :)

The first 3 are HDR.
IMG_9380_1_2_tonemapped-1.jpg

IMG_9335_4_3_tonemapped-1.jpg

Untitled_Panorama1-1.jpg

IMG_9712.jpg

IMG_9414.jpg

IMG_9738.jpg

verticalpanoforest.jpg

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    Nice job with these. I especially like #2 - really nice HDR effect. #4 is wonderfully composed but the blown out sand distracts from the overall shot. I love the foreground and background but the brightness of the sand keeps pulling my eye from both places. Perhaps you can work some tone-mapping magic on that one and repost?
    E
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    #2 is the clear winner for me. Great work with the HDR all around - very natural.

Good shots clap.gif
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Very nice set of images. Well done "natural" looking HDR's. + I like your
    careful composition work with the wide angle. Difficult to manage blow outs
    in spots like bright sand. I think #4 is still a value shot despite the sand
    losing detail for as hot as it is. It would be interesting to see the darker
    exposure for that shot. You picked a very nice place to lay back for awhile.
    Awesome. wings.gif
    Michael
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Nice set in a beautiful setting. My favorite is #5, with the kite flyer. I think you picked the perfect angle to shoot this from with the kite angling slightly away while capturing both strings.

Thanks for sharing.