Options

First Published Photo!

bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited September 14, 2009 in Sports
Please excuse my bragging, but I'm excited!

For the first time in my photographic career, an outside source has chosen my photos as worthy of publication! :barb:barb:barb:barb:barb

I attend Rutgers University and decided this would be the year I'd try to shoot with the school newspaper. I was accepted and my first gig was shooting a soccer game at night. With another photographer who'd been there a lot longer, and was a photography major...

And MY picture(s) were chosen to be published! There were 2 pics in the hard copy of the paper, but the online photo is in color, so I'll link that.

877958716.jpg

I'm just glad because this is the first real appreciation of my photos I've seen (aside from family who are obligated to say they like them! :D).

Also, this is a thanks to EVERYONE at Dgrin, but especially the sports forum regulars who helped me get as good as I am now. Certainly not pro-level, but competent enough to retain a large number of my shots, and have them look good, or great! (and not just in my opinion either it seems!) So, BIG THANKS!

With all the photographic love in the world,
Nick Blew

PS - I used my D90 to shoot this, but I had a little help...from their gorgeous Nikon 300mm f/2.8 *drool* Have I ever mentioned my love of primes?!?!?
Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8

Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    Congratulations! You should be excited as that is quite an accomplishment.

And nice shot! Thanks for sharing with us.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    Congrats, it is always nice to see your work in the public arena.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    I'll add my congratulations to the list. My advice is to keep shooting, and seek active feedback here and elsewhere so you can continue to improve. There is nothing like critique of other sports photographers to help you improve your game.
  • Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2009
    Congrats!!!
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    Thanks everybody.

I'm looking forward to a lot of chances to improve my photography with all the sporting events here at school. Both variety of sports and lighting/weather conditions! Don't be surprised if I'm popping up around here a lot more with some sample shots for heavy critique. I know the paper is happy with them, but I've learned that they're not the most picky people...they're just glad I'm shooting for them!

So again, thanks, look forward to being around here a lot more!

~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8