NEW order page

RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
edited September 24, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I woke up this morning to a few new orders and now, when I click on the order link, I am taken to a new page with all of the recent orders. Before, it would go just to the order that has just been placed. This new method, in my opinion, is a step backwards. I am also getting double emails on new orders now. Why did you switch styles?
A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    RKnecht wrote:
    I woke up this morning to a few new orders and now, when I click on the order link, I am taken to a new page with all of the recent orders. Before, it would go just to the order that has just been placed. This new method, in my opinion, is a step backwards.
    I think the order email has a bug, that's easy to fix. The orderlink in the email should go right to the order and it doesn't :) It shouldn't be sent twice, can I have an order # please?

We've cleaned up the page, made it a lot more readable and given you a bunch of new ways to sort and view your orders, and those of you with many orders now have a prosales page that you can actually load quickly, since we added pagination as well.

20090911-tbh3yc2d57sy89is6gpa26j6a2.jpg

Sorry about that order email thing, we'll sort it out. Enjoy the new sales page, in the meantime.
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    ...now this is a worthwhile upgrade!
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    Oops, my bad. they were indeed 2 different order numbers. I just thought it was a duplicate email because it sent me to the same page. Thanks goodness the emails will take me to the page with just that order on it. I was confused at first. BTW, I REALLY like the new sales summary page. Good stuff!

Found another issue. When I used to replace a photo with a proof, after it was done, it would take me back to the order. Now it takes me to the gallery that the photo was ordered from and I need to open the order page back up to get back to the order. oes anybody try this stuff before it is released?headscratch.gif

• dstithdstith Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    New CSV download not complete
    When I checked a download the sales do not match up for the current month. Is this being worked on?
  • NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    Yet another unexpected, but welcome improvement! Thanks SmugMug!

I didn't do anything but click "Send to lab!", so I don't have much feedback.
    The only thing I noticed was that my long filenames ran into the button to adjust the crop...

--- edit ---
    I was wrong - it was the "Replace Photo" button that overlaps with the filename, if it's long enough.
  • safaricat70safaricat70 Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    Color Correction says "yes"
    I had an order placed today & when I reviewed it, I found that the option to "color-correct" had been taken away. It now says Color Correction: Yes. There used to be a drop down menu to choose 'yes' or 'no' at the review stage. I have my galleries set to 'no' for color correction, so why would it say 'yes' here? Can you change it back?
    I had an order placed today & when I reviewed it, I found that the option to "color-correct" had been taken away. It now says Color Correction: Yes. There used to be a drop down menu to choose 'yes' or 'no' at the review stage. I have my galleries set to 'no' for color correction, so why would it say 'yes' here? Can you change it back?
    It's set to no, looks like a display bug. We'll fix it, sorry.

Though I would highly recommend cc on, so that pooch's eyes can be seen :D
    dstith wrote:
    When I checked a download the sales do not match up for the current month. Is this being worked on?
    details please?

EDIT: WOrking on it.
  • laslolaslo Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    CSV Incomplete
    I just noticed the same problem. Just sent this email to the help desk:

"What is the problem with the CSV downloads The data is incomplete. When I just download the CSV file for my sales it only shows the sales through 8/26" I downloaded the file on September 3 and it shows additional transactions through 9/3. Also when I now open up the saved XLS file in Excel I get this message "Excel ureadable content in "filename". Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of the workbook, click yes." When I click yes the xls file opens up but the data is not complete as detailed above. Just noted this today along with the new sales history interface which I like.
    laslo wrote:
    I just noticed the same problem. Just sent this email to the help desk:

"What is the problem with the CSV downloads The data is incomplete. When I just download the CSV file for my sales it only shows the sales through 8/26" I downloaded the file on September 3 and it shows additional transactions through 9/3. Also when I now open up the saved XLS file in Excel I get this message "Excel ureadable content in "filename". Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of the workbook, click yes." When I click yes the xls file opens up but the data is not complete as detailed above. Just noted this today along with the new sales history interface which I like.
    Anne will fix it :D Sorry!
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    RKnecht wrote:
    Found another issue. When I used to replace a photo with a proof, after it was done, it would take me back to the order. Now it takes me to the gallery that the photo was ordered from and I need to open the order page back up to get back to the order. oes anybody try this stuff before it is released?headscratch.gif

Hi,

Hahaha, yes we test changes extensively but we don't always catch everything. Thanks for bringing this up, but that functionality hasn't changed at all. The crop page does send you back to the order (and did before this release) but the replace photo page never did.

Sorry for the confusion!
    -Anne
  • termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Nice new look! I especially like having the customer name nice and big.

One thing I'd like to see in addition: sorting by name (last or first).
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
    edited September 12, 2009
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Hi,

Hahaha, yes we test changes extensively but we don't always catch everything. Thanks for bringing this up, but that functionality hasn't changed at all. The crop page does send you back to the order (and did before this release) but the replace photo page never did.

Sorry for the confusion!
    -Anne

I meant when I was on the ORDER page. Before, when I replaced a picture on the order page with a proofed/cropped version, it bought me back to the order page. Now it brings me to the gallery. So, I have to reopen my order email, and get back to the order page that way. It's a PITA. So it is indeed very different.

• KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2009
    I just downloaded my CSV Sales file and took a cursory look at it.

Some orders are missing entirely. The number of prints indicated on other orders is inaccurate.

In it's current state the CSV file is no longer of any value.

I know you're working on it, I just hope that it's being expedited.

Thanks,

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
    KMCC wrote:
    I just downloaded my CSV Sales file and took a cursory look at it.

Some orders are missing entirely. The number of prints indicated on other orders is inaccurate.

In it's current state the CSV file is no longer of any value.

I know you're working on it, I just hope that it's being expedited.

Thanks,
    Yes Kent, we know it's broken, very sorry. It'll be repaired, and soon!
  • lokerdlokerd Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    RKnecht wrote:
    I meant when I was on the ORDER page. Before, when I replaced a picture on the order page with a proofed/cropped version, it bought me back to the order page. Now it brings me to the gallery. So, I have to reopen my order email, and get back to the order page that way. It's a PITA. So it is indeed very different.

Same thing is happening to me...indeed a PITA. But Andy mentioned on another thread they are aware of it.

In the mean time, just the browser back twice. The only problem is that it will be an old page...but you should still be able to go on to the next image. Just hit F5 when you need to refresh the order page after a couple of trips BACK.

Drew
    edited September 14, 2009
    RKnecht wrote:

Ack! Can I retract my previous statement? :D

The replace page didn't change, but the url for the individual order page did change. I thought you were referring to the back to gallery buttons on the replace page, but I see now it's the redirect after you replace the photo that's causing the problem.

On it.

-Anne
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2009
    Any update on the CSV Sales file fix? Can we expect to have it by the end of the month?

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
    KMCC wrote:
    Any update on the CSV Sales file fix? Can we expect to have it by the end of the month?
    Yup, sooner, I hope.
  • JamforeJamfore Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    new order page
    I love the new page layout. I can print my order and they look great except for cropped images. They dont print or they print solid black.

Thanks for the changes.
    edited September 24, 2009
    Thanks for your feedback and patience, guys!

We just rolled out the following fixes for bugs mentioned in this thread:

- The CSV should now match the pro sales page. And, I added a new datapoint for you.. "Paid Status" that would show the date the check was cut.

- The display bug with color correction should be fixed.

- Replace photo from the order page should now return you to the order page.

- Links from old sales emails should now point to the new order page properly.

- The crop photo tool from the order page should now properly flip between photos.

Holler if you see any continuing problems! Thanks for your patience as I fixed the ones you reported.

Anne
  • lokerdlokerd Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited September 24, 2009
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Holler if you see any continuing problems!

Well, actually, sorry I didn't mention this previously, but can you make the

"Adjust Crop" into a box like the "Replace Photo" link? The adjust crop is REALLY small...and nestled in between two other items to the left and below it. It would really be helpful if that adjust crop was a button or at least a little bigger and moved over to the right.

Thanks!!