Options

WTB: Anyone got 1GB Sticks of DDR2-PC2-4200 or 5300?

PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
edited September 14, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
I'm trying to help out a friend by putting some parts together into a case for him. I lack the RAM this computer would need. Actually, I had the RAM until about a month ago when I cleaned out my computer parts box and threw it away ("When will I ever need this again?") *Sigh*

So I'm looking for 2 1-GB sticks of desktop RAM. DDR PC2 4200 or 5300. Let me know if you've got some laying around.

Thanks,
Paul

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    I'm trying to help out a friend by putting some parts together into a case for him. I lack the RAM this computer would need. Actually, I had the RAM until about a month ago when I cleaned out my computer parts box and threw it away ("When will I ever need this again?") *Sigh*

So I'm looking for 2 1-GB sticks of desktop RAM. DDR PC2 4200 or 5300. Let me know if you've got some laying around.

Thanks,
    Paul

Whats the FSB Needed? And any other pieces needed?
    tom wise
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    angevin1 wrote:
    Whats the FSB Needed? And any other pieces needed?

I think (going on memory here) DDR2-PC2-5300 is 667. Memory is the only thing I lack for this computer. I found him a hard drive, an old HP Slimline case with motherboard, power supply, and processor, and a DVD burner.

I could go online and order the memory of course - but I was trying to do this for him on the cheap.