Options

Still Life

ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
edited May 26, 2004 in Holy Macro
Any thoughts ... cool crap, caaa! my eyes my dam eyes what have you done to my eyes!

4570941-L.jpg

Or is this one better?
4570952-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    I like the second one better.

Dave
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    I prefer the first one. It's tighter, it leaves out the wood wich is the only part not about baseball. Plus It maybe my monitor but the ball looks a bit blown out. perhaps it would cooler if the ball were really worn and used. It looks too new in the second shot ( like its overexposed and has lost the detail?).
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    Yep, I agree with Greaper, the first one by a long way - pulls you in! thumb.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2004
    The first one is nice, but I find it distracting that the shot is in sharp focus only at the top of the shot, on the ball stitching and the top of the mitt. The bat is soft, so where my eye goes first (center) is soft and the sharp focus point is too far to the edge of the frame. The crop is a touch too tight for me. One solution for this would be to blur the top of the frame slightly, giving the whole image a nastolgic feel.

I like the high-con of the second, but you do need to be careful of losing the detail on the ball. It's distracting and it also is an opportunity for some nice character in the shot.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops