When day becomes night

NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited September 14, 2009 in Landscapes
I've cropped this photo, but that's about all.

646459849_yi32r-L.jpg

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    You've got great color and a great sky - I just wish there was something in the large expanse of foreground to complement it. Either that or crop out much of the blackness to focus more on the skies.
    E
  • NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    You've got great color and a great sky - I just wish there was something in the large expanse of foreground to complement it. Either that or crop out much of the blackness to focus more on the skies.
    E

Yes, I agree it would be better if the foreground complemented the sky better, although there was very little light left, hence the streetlights you can see in that blackness. Cropping out more of the foreground's definitely an idea though, thanks. Or, I could 'cheat' and replace the foreground with another one.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    Whoah on the colors! What a gorgeous sunset and we all need to see more sights like this.

I agree that maybe a pano type crop removing more of the empty blackness would really bring the focus more to the cloud formations, but I love the high-contrast drama that this invokes. thumb.gif
  • NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    It's a shame I couldn't have been more choosy about where I took the shot, but I spotted that sky whilst driving home and the road we were on was a no parking one, so I had to be quick.

Anyway, enough of the waffle. I've cropped the image just below the lights as they're the only interest the foreground has.

Better?

649613618_xeVVk-L.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    Nyte wrote:
    It's a shame I couldn't have been more choosy about where I took the shot, but I spotted that sky whilst driving home and the road we were on was a no parking one, so I had to be quick.

Anyway, enough of the waffle. I've cropped the image just below the lights as they're the only interest the foreground has.

Better?

649613618_xeVVk-L.jpg

That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind. :ivar I like the little pinpricks of light in the sea of shadow. Nice!!