DSS 33... night driving

AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited September 14, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took these on the 7th and edited them and posted them... but they still live in my camera as well so I can see about pulling them out of there again without the edits. Before I do that I wanted to see what everyone thought, because I might just do a reshoot instead. (The edits on all of these were simple color adjustments)

646702598_boteT-L.jpg

646716077_rFmtR-L.jpg

Those two are my faves... a few more in the gallery if you're interested: http://photos.thomasflock.com/Photography/Experiments/Motion

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    These are really cool! I definitely get motion. :D

I like the ghostly car in the first one. It gives a bit of context.

I might like it better if it were a little more defined like #16 in the gallery.

I like the broad green swatches in #9 in the gallery.

Overall, I like #1 the best. thumb.gif
  • sbargesbarge Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    Really cool shots! I was thinking about doing something like this too. I think I like #1 a little more.
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    Both really cool shots. Can't exactly say which one I like better. There is obviously a lot more going on in the 2nd one. I guess it is really your call. I like them both just about equally maybe leaning towards the 2nd one since I find it more colorful and there is less empty space in the sky.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2009
    Either works really well. I didn't pick up on the ghost car in the first, but I do like the linearity of it.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2009
    Both really cool shots. Can't exactly say which one I like better. There is obviously a lot more going on in the 2nd one. I guess it is really your call. I like them both just about equally maybe leaning towards the 2nd one since I find it more colorful and there is less empty space in the sky.

15524779-Ti.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    I have to agree with Allen. Both work equally well. Thought...(and I'm not condoning this though mwink.gif ). What if you turned your lights out just to take the shot?