Intore dancer

80weeks80weeks Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited September 12, 2009 in People
This is an intore dancer in Rwanda taken with my old P&S. I'd love to know what you think. Struggling with low light photography like this was one of the main reasons I now have a DSLR! CC welcome and appreciated.

464601978_2yvop-L.jpg

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Low light or not, this is not bad at all!

What I like about this, is that you got a nice amount of movement in this shot. It seems like he is moving/dancing because of the blur, but the amount of blur is not distracting and it's still clear enough to see details. The smile is awesome, as well.

The other dance in the background is slightly distracting, it might have been nicer if he would have been in that spot, or if it was shot at an angle that he wasn't behind the first dancer, but next to him in the shot?
  • 80weeks80weeks Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    Low light or not, this is not bad at all!

What I like about this, is that you got a nice amount of movement in this shot. It seems like he is moving/dancing because of the blur, but the amount of blur is not distracting and it's still clear enough to see details. The smile is awesome, as well.

The other dance in the background is slightly distracting, it might have been nicer if he would have been in that spot, or if it was shot at an angle that he wasn't behind the first dancer, but next to him in the shot?

Thanks for the comments. I have days when I like the blur showing the motion and other days where I find it too distracting, so I was curious what other people thought. I agree about the second dancer being distracting. Unfortunately for me the dancers where moving very quickly and with the shutterlag on the P&S the previous photo has them 20m away and then they were gone. Going back to Rwanda next year though probably... so will try again then! :D