Options

Help Creating this look

Purest Light PhotographyPurest Light Photography Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited September 15, 2009 in Finishing School
I am trying to deiced if I like this look http://www.jamesbibowblog.com/?p=54
Really creamy smooth skin. how do I go about getting this affect? Is this some sort of preset? Thank you for your time :D

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    No. Its not a preset...oh you mean a preset in LR2 or some such? Maybe yes, maybe no...and doesn't really matter. If you like the style and emulate it you can create a preset and do that all the time.

ingredients for these types of shots?

1. Cute soft baby

2. Well executed lighting

3. Proper focus

4. Gaussian Blur to skin layered then bring eyes back through: at least.

Layered Gaussian Blurs are common practice to aid us in removing all those fine details our lenses pick up. Scroll to the bottom photograph and notice the ladies skin out next to HER left ear...the skin is none too smooth, so he may have done healing work on the skin as well as a blur. And being just a bit critical, I think he went too far on the green aspect slider, leaving traces of it in her hair.
    tom wise
  • Options
    Purest Light PhotographyPurest Light Photography Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    angevin1 wrote:
    No. Its not a preset...oh you mean a preset in LR2 or some such? Maybe yes, maybe no...and doesn't really matter. If you like the style and emulate it you can create a preset and do that all the time.

ingredients for these types of shots?

1. Cute soft baby

2. Well executed lighting

3. Proper focus

4. Gaussian Blur to skin layered then bring eyes back through: at least.

Layered Gaussian Blurs are common practice to aid us in removing all those fine details our lenses pick up. Scroll to the bottom photograph and notice the ladies skin out next to HER left ear...the skin is none too smooth, so he may have done healing work on the skin as well as a blur. And being just a bit critical, I think he went too far on the green aspect slider, leaving traces of it in her hair.

I use Paint Shop Pro and I get some of the affect from skin smoothing but when it is in print it looks very weird. I only do Natural Light so I'm assuming it is much harder to achieve this look. I have seen him and may others put this to affect on adults as well. Thank you for your time :-)
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,871 moderator
  • Options
    chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    In addition to the Gaussian Blur and links Ziggy mentioned, two plug ins that come to mind are the Kodak Airbrush Professional plug in and the Soft skin plug in as part of nik color efex pro. They may be worth looking at if you are doing this on a regular basis. The shots you linked also look like there is a subtle bleach bypass type effect