Options

Prayers in Mosque

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited September 12, 2009 in Street and Documentary
During my street photography session i came across a small mosque.

645237350_7HUEF-XL.jpg

Muslims offer prayers 5 times a day. Due to holy month of Ramadan there were lots of worshipers. Check Ramadan photos in Boston Globe some very cool images.

Thanks for looking
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    Barry1Barry1 Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    Another excellent photo - the lines in the picture alone are very interesting (people, building, carpet) without being able to see a single face. Also, for me - knowing these people are in the middle of prayer and your presence as a photographer was not an issue, makes it even more interesting. Great job - thank you for sharing.
    "Every photo turns a moment into history"
    Canon 40D, XTi, 17-40L, 70-200L f4 IS, 50 1.4, 28-105 II, 18-55, Nikon FE2 and lenses, etc.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    During my street photography session i came across a small mosque.

Muslims offer prayers 5 times a day. Due to holy month of Ramadan there were lots of worshipers. Check Ramadan photos in Boston Globe some very cool images.

Thanks for looking

Very nice image, Awais. Have you thought of trying this as a vertical?
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    bdcolen wrote:
    Very nice image, Awais. Have you thought of trying this as a vertical?

Thanks BD, yes i shot in vertical too.
    647125985_z6ew7-L.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Barry1 wrote:
    Another excellent photo - the lines in the picture alone are very interesting (people, building, carpet) without being able to see a single face. Also, for me - knowing these people are in the middle of prayer and your presence as a photographer was not an issue, makes it even more interesting. Great job - thank you for sharing.

Thanks a lot Barry for looking and commenting. Much appreciated.thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    Very interesting images, Awais.

I am surprised BD didn't ask about B&W renditions, so I will.thumb.gif

Color does not seem an important part of these images to me, more about content, line and shadow, which is why I asked about monochrome/greyscale versions.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    Thanks a lot Barry for looking and commenting. Much appreciated.thumb.gif

An excellent photo Awais. I also enjoyed looking through your website. You have some excellent images and so interesting too. Tell me did these people object to you taking their photos?
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    Mohamed.GhuloomMohamed.Ghuloom Registered Users Posts: 305 Major grins
    Awais, I liked the picture and I loved the vertical one. Blissful Ramadan to all of you people and hope to see more of your great work.

Btw, I have some Islamic photos on my website as well, and just wrote this for the occasion of our beloved Imam Ali's Death
    Mohamed Photos
    Give a Message
  • Options
    pathfinder wrote:
    Very interesting images, Awais.

I am surprised BD didn't ask about B&W renditions, so I will.thumb.gif

Color does not seem an important part of these images to me, more about content, line and shadow, which is why I asked about monochrome/greyscale versions.

I will try that in black and white ! thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    canon400d wrote:
    An excellent photo Awais. I also enjoyed looking through your website. You have some excellent images and so interesting too. Tell me did these people object to you taking their photos?
    Regards
    Bob

Thanks Bob.
    No they were rather excited :D

My Gallery
  • Options
    Awais, I liked the picture and I loved the vertical one. Blissful Ramadan to all of you people and hope to see more of your great work.

Btw, I have some Islamic photos on my website as well, and just wrote this for the occasion of our beloved Imam Ali's Death

Thank you Ghuloom, same to you.
    I feel sorry for your Imam, may he rest in peace.

My Gallery