Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia. (With some added blue)

rle5rle5 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited September 14, 2009 in Landscapes
A picture taken at Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia, Canada. I did edit the colour balance a little to bring out the blues. Feedback greatly appreciated!

peggyscove.jpg

Comments

• SteelydanSteelydan Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 13, 2009
    The one item thats missing from your shot, is a Focal Point.

A rock or tree stump in the foreground would make the photo stand out more. As it stands you have captured the sky beautifully but lacking in something to hold my attention .
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2009
    Hey Remi, while you have achieved a good exposure the image itself is just not strong enough. On my lcd's there seems to be to much blue and nothing in the foreground to lure me in and keep me interested.

Curious as to what interested you with this particular shot ?

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif This looks like a lovely, calm place but I'm not sure what to look at. The focal point of this seems to be the clouds and the blue sky, but if that was the case then perhaps cropping some of the water out of the bottom would bring this more to the front?
  • rle5rle5 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    Thanks!
    To be very honesty with this one... I was just testing out different settings on the camera, and snapped a picture. (Was testing out the distances for auto focus on the camera)

In part, this is something I would consider mainly using as a poster background of sorts. Thanks for the feedback all! I will try and get some scenery shots done with specific focal points soon!
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    So much missing
    The blues are really pretty close to the blue you depicted. But where is the lighthouse, the rocks, the boats, the little cafe/shop? And the tourists?
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • rle5rle5 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    ChatKat wrote:
    The blues are really pretty close to the blue you depicted. But where is the lighthouse, the rocks, the boats, the little cafe/shop? And the tourists?
    *shudders* tourists... ugh. lol

Isn't it ok to sometimes just have a pictures with beautiful colours and tones and nothing else to focus on? (I ask because I seem to get a lot of them. ha!)